1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have two offers in front of me.

1) 2008 M109R in gray - used with 2062 miles - offered $9800 out the door
2) 2009 M109R in black - brand new - offered $12800 out the door

I prefer the black color, but it seems like the 08 is a really good deal. Any thoughts on the above deals?

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
I just bought a new 08 otd for 8995.00

·
Registered
940 Posts
The 08 gray is ugly.:-X.. get the black.. :D.. :joke:...

Seriously, i take new over used anyday... But the 08 does have very little miles and is 3 grand cheaper....Tough one for sure.. Good luck with whatever desicion you make.. :bigthumbsup:
I agree with L.T.T. it's a tough call. I love new stuff but for 3000 bucks less I might have to look at the 08 real close. Good luck.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
The 08 gray is ugly.:-X.. get the black.. :D.. :joke:...

Seriously, i take new over used anyday... But the 08 does have very little miles and is 3 grand cheaper....Tough one for sure.. Good luck with whatever desicion you make.. :bigthumbsup:
gee thanks!!:verymad:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Those prices are highway robbery for both.

The 09 should not cost you more than $11k and the 08, well, like Big-B says, you can get a new 08 for $9k

I choose low mileage used over new any day.

I am going to void my warranty on both of them in a month anyway and I would rather save the $3k and risk needing $500 in uncovered work.

·
Registered
172 Posts
neither. there are better deals out there.

·
Registered
744 Posts
For $3K less, I'd take the slower gray. Although the black is the fastest color 9. A slower gray 9 is still faster than any other sport cruiser or HD on the road. You will be happy with either of the two. Besides, you can get a great custom paint job for less than $3K.

·
Registered
453 Posts
OK, I'm a little biased but I LOVE the black.

However, that aside for $3000.00 more you get a brand new ride with a garauntee of the break in process. Because you're going to be taking care of that. Not to mention a year or more if you purchase, warrantee.

If it were me, in five years from now you won't care so much about the extra $3000.00

JMHO. :))
Cheers,
Paul

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
LOL,, your in good company bro,,, I have an 08 gray as well :bigthumbsup:
Yeah, I noticed that after the fact. DOH!!! And a very nice looking one at that!!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
i would not be scared to buy used with low miles at all but be sure and get the color you want. i wouldnt touch either of the bikes you listed. there are much better deals out there for sure. $3000 in mods will go a pretty long way if you shop around a little. my $.02:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
Run over to Romney Cycles in Romney, WV and you can buy a brand new for less than the price of the used one. Neither of those two are good deals IMHO.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WOW! That was quick to get so many responses...thanks for everyone's input.

So, to be clear. The price BEFORE taxes and title are

1) $11499 on the 09 new
2) $8899 on the 08 used

The dealer has $11730 in the 09 new.

So these aren't that great of deals? These seem to be the best deals locally (minus the 07 LE listed above) I have been able to find locally over the last month, and that is if any dealer even has one. Seems like no one locally is selling theirs used either.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
Run over to Romney Cycles in Romney, WV and you can buy a brand new for less than the price of the used one. Neither of those two are good deals IMHO.
:agree: That is where Big B bought his. I paid more to keep it local incase I needed any dealer support. I think they tend to help you out a little more if you bought the bike from them. You also have to weigh out what your time and travel expences are. Only you can determin if it is worth it to save the difference.

:welcome: to the forum also. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Yeah Zoom, I was there the same day you were for open house. That's when I bought my bike. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
So I have two offers in front of me.

1) 2008 M109R in gray - used with 2062 miles - offered $9800 out the door
2) 2009 M109R in black - brand new - offered $12800 out the door

I prefer the black color, but it seems like the 08 is a really good deal. Any thoughts on the above deals?
i wouldn't consider those "deals" at all. those are more like ripoffs.

do some more searching. you can find the same bikes for much less if you look around. an 08 should go for closer to $8K depending on what mods are on it and even then they have to be substantial in order to justify going higher than 8.

nearly $13K for a 2009 is OUTRAGEOUS !!! i got my 08 brand new for $10K OTD.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts