M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, this is my first day on this site and I had a question that I hoped somebody could help me out with.  As you probably know, my bike, as many others, came over-filled with oil from the dealer, with like 2 miles on it already.  I went  through the whole procedure of changing the oil so all the levels are right, but now the bike is kind of making a gurgly type of sound when I pull the throttle, its almost like it pauses before it actually revz... when i read the bulletin that suzuki sent to all its dealers about the oil over-fill problem, they said that an oil overfill might contaminate the air filter... the dealer is sending the manual, but i dont have it now... so is there anyone who can point out exactly where the filter IS and how to change it... ? and if it should EVEN be changed at this point???

thanx,

Jason

·
Registered
752 Posts
The two rounded chrome boxes on either side of the engine in between the V hold the airfilters.

The can be removed with 3 allen heads each (I think 4mm) and a clamp that affixes the airbox snorkel to the intake on the box. I Believe that this clamp is loosened with a phillips head screwdriver.

Once these "boxes" are off you will see 5 screws set deep in the black plastic. If you undo these the box will come in half and the filter is located inside.

:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.