M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says. I have been installing LEDs tonight and cannot decide where to put the on/off switch. It is a Joe Florida kit. Real nice kit so far.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I put one in the plastic behind the Headlight , its oky I guess :dontknow:

Do you have a remote system ?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,033 Posts
No LED's, but I put a switch for my driving lights on the back of the headlight like ooinkk did. You need to watch where you put it there so you can still get to it and not have it hit the headlight nacelle. My lights had a large switch and I had to mount it twice as the first time the nacelle hit it.

If the switch is small enough, take a look at mounting it in the very front of the left side plastic side panel. This puts it right above the key switch and you never know it's there. My air ride had two switches and I mounted both of them there. And you can reach it easily while riding the bike.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
No LED's, but I put a switch for my driving lights on the back of the headlight like ooinkk did. You need to watch where you put it there so you can still get to it and not have it hit the headlight nacelle. My lights had a large switch and I had to mount it twice as the first time the nacelle hit it.

If the switch is small enough, take a look at mounting it in the very front of the left side plastic side panel. This puts it right above the key switch and you never know it's there. My air ride had two switches and I mounted both of them there. And you can reach it easily while riding the bike.
That is where I've seen most of the switches, by the left side covers. Out of curiosity Mike, why you took the Air-Ride off? Were you one of the ones having leaking issues due to plastic manifold????

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,033 Posts
That is where I've seen most of the switches, by the left side covers. Out of curiosity Mike, why you took the Air-Ride off? Were you one of the ones having leaking issues due to plastic manifold????
Adrian, I just got tired of fiddling with it. I had the Kewl Metal air ride, I don't think the Arnott was even available back then, and I had no problems with it. But you lower it to look cool then you raise it back up to ride. I found 95% of the time I wasn't doing anything with it, once it was adjusted the way I liked it I just left it there.

So it was just carrying around the extra weight and complexity and was something to worry about breaking when out on a ride. I usually rode it at about the same height as my 2" lowering bones, so I just put them back on. No muss, no fuss, no worries.

Plus I have a Audiovox cruise control that I want to install on it some time and the control unit for it goes where the air ride compressor mounts. Between the two, I'd rather have the cruise control.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I used to have it on the left side cover before I installed the remote switch. I now use it to activate the bottles.
Great minds think alike! This is where I thought would be best. Thanks for the input guys!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
I did the same as tigz right side cover and also just ordered a remote you get multi-functions from a remote and don't need a switch at all

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I put one in the plastic behind the Headlight , its oky I guess :dontknow:

Do you have a remote system ?
No, just a push button on/off.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,033 Posts

Great minds think alike! This is where I thought would be best. Thanks for the input guys!:bigthumbsup:
The air ride switches I mentioned were actually on the front of the plastic panel above that one. Look at the very front of it and there's a nice flat spot, just big enough to mount a regular toggle switch or two of the mini switches that came with the air ride. I'm not sure you can get a rocker style switch in there though.

That makes it even easier to get to if you're riding. Just another option. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts