M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming from the sportbike world... it's real easy to find cool helmets.

Now that I have this sweet ass sweet cruiser I want some cool looking not full face helmet. The dealership selection sucks.... i guess I could.. GULP.... try a Harley Dealer. Never been in a Harley Dealer, will they be dickheads in there because I have a jap bike?

What kind of helmet do you guys have and where did you get it? Pics would be nice!

Let 'em rip!

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
My Harley shop has mostly helmets with a Harley logo's on them, I would try your local Suzuki, Yamaha, Victory Etc dealers. They usually sell 1/2 helmets from various manufactures, many of which are absent of bike logo's.

Even if you drove your 109 into a Harley dealership I doubt that anyone would care what your on. Money is money now days. Also never buy one over the internet unless your absolutely sure of the size. I tried on 4 different (sized large) helmets from the same Import supplier and found that all 4 fit differently.

Wacky

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
this is the helmet i use (w/ black bike). it's a fulmer AF70 Hombre Nocturn Flat Black "Smoothie" N15h.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wacky has a good point, I have two full faced helmets from different company's, one is a Med and the other is a large. the large is actually tighter fitting than the medium. If you do order off the internet make sure you can return it if it don't fit.

·
Registered
107 Posts
muahman said:
Coming from the sportbike world... it's real easy to find cool helmets.

Now that I have this sweet ass sweet cruiser I want some cool looking not full face helmet. The dealership selection sucks.... i guess I could.. GULP.... try a Harley Dealer. Never been in a Harley Dealer, will they be dickheads in there because I have a jap bike?

What kind of helmet do you guys have and where did you get it? Pics would be nice!

Let 'em rip!

:bigthumbsup:
The HD shops dont seem to mind import bikes around here. Last time I was at the HD shop there was a Honda Shadow, Suzuki Hayabusa, and I think a Yamamha Road Star in the lot. No one was giveing them any grief that I could see.

·
Registered
814 Posts
phaed said:
this is the helmet i use (w/ black bike). it's a fulmer AF70 Hombre Nocturn Flat Black "Smoothie" N15h.

How does that fulmer fit? Does it stick up off the top of your head and make you look like a q-tip or does it have a decent looking, low profile?

I bought another brand half helmet and it sticks up so high it's ridiculous.

·
Registered
814 Posts
sjnoble2 said:
I wear glasses and finding something other than goggles or prescription riding glasses to keep the wind out can be tough. I have one of these and actually rather like it. The fighter pilot look kinda goes with this bike.

http://www.extremesupply.com/agvhelmets/agvhelmetsdragon.htm

Â
That is a pretty cool helmet. I can't say I've ever seen one like it before, at least not for a motorcycle. I agree with you though, with our bike's sleek lines, it does fit the "fighter-pilot" look. Can you get a clear shield?

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you like the robocop look? Nolan N42 is the way to go.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Re :Those Fulmer and Carbonfibre helmets
Are they considered cool in USA?
I realise that no helmet is cool in appearance but those look like you are ready to go white water rafting.
You'd be laughed of the street down here wearing that.
That's not a criticism guys just an observation of how tastes differ round the world.
All tastes agree the 109 is a cool bike though :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
How does that fulmer fit? Does it stick up off the top of your head and make you look like a q-tip or does it have a decent looking, low profile?
it fits well, not too much foam making it look too big. me and a friend of mine both have harley half helmets...both of us hate them because they have too much foam and make you look like a mushroom. that's why i got that fulmer.

·
Registered
169 Posts
cdaniel76 said:
That is a pretty cool helmet. I can't say I've ever seen one like it before, at least not for a motorcycle. I agree with you though, with our bike's sleek lines, it does fit the "fighter-pilot" look. Can you get a clear shield?
It comes with the tinted shield and a clear one as well.

·
Registered
169 Posts
rynosback said:
I like it. Is it only a mail away helmet? :bigthumbsup:
I've only ever found them on-line. Quality is good and they claim DOT approval. (I haven't check the DOT website, though)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Lamonster said:
I've been thinking about getting this one but I want to see one first.
http://www.reevu.com/what_you_see.asp
http://www.reevu.com/moto_product.asp
I've seen those on line before and here's my thought on them. In theory, it sounds good, BUT if you have your head in any position except relatively perpendicular to the ground and looking straight ahead, you get a lovely view of the trees, the clouds, the bird that is getting ready to ruin your day, etc... Unlike traditional mirrors where you can simply glace at it by moving only your eyes, with this configuration, you have to position your head just right as well.

Again, good in theory, not in practice......JMHO

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
sjnoble2 said:
I've seen those on line before and here's my thought on them. In theory, it sounds good, BUT if you have your head in any position except relatively perpendicular to the ground and looking straight ahead, you get a lovely view of the trees, the clouds, the bird that is getting ready to ruin your day, etc... Unlike traditional mirrors where you can simply glace at it by moving only your eyes, with this configuration, you have to position your head just right as well.

Again, good in theory, not in practice......JMHO
That's why I would like to see one in person fist. I agree, sounds good but maybe not. ::)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
sjnoble2 said:
I wear glasses and finding something other than goggles or prescription riding glasses to keep the wind out can be tough. I have one of these and actually rather like it. The fighter pilot look kinda goes with this bike.

http://www.extremesupply.com/agvhelmets/agvhelmetsdragon.htm

Â
I kinda like it. You are right though...the look goes with our bike. Sharp, I would love to see one and try it on and see how it feels going down the road, looks like it might catch some wind. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts