M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering where are all the M109R's at?  Here in FL, there are none.  I have a deposit at 2 dealerships now, going on 4 weeks.  When I call to inquire at both dealerships I am told the same thing (which at least means the business practices of Suzuki are consistent):

1:  We asked for "X" amount of M109R's for the year but have no idea how many Suzuki will send us.

2:  We have no idea what colors they will be, and when.

3:  You can't order one specifically, have to wait for what you like to show up (keep fingers crossed).

4:  We cannot tell more than a few days in advance when we will receive a bike, we get a shipping order a couple of days ahead of time and the truck comes.

5:  Both tell me that they sell a large amount of units per year and hopefully their allocation of 109's will be more than just a few.

6:  Both have waiting lists with many potential customers fretting.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but what kind of business practices are these?  The dealers want to sell bikes, where are they?  It would seem to me if Corp. Suzuki knows one dealer has 10 confirmed deposits they would send that dealer 10 bikes instead of just 2 coupled with sending another dealer a few who has no deposits and the bikes sit on the floor.

And here I am waiting to pay cash for it.......the first foreign bike I have liked enough to buy new.  Not a good experience so far.

Puzzled in FL!  Maybe I'm just impatient for a hot bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very unusual. Here in Louisiana, the bikes abound! I went to one dealership just outside Baton Rouge in Denham Springs,LA and they had 6 bikes. One on the floor and 5 in the warehouse in boxes waiting to be put together. 2 purple, 3 black and 1 silver. I then found a dealer closer to New Orleans that had a silver on the floor and a purple comming in 2 weeks, then I found one even closer on the other side of the river that had 5 bikes on hand and in all colors. I guess it depends on your location and the type of bikes people like to buy in your area. Here most people like Harley so it's easier to get metric bikes. I got my Rune for 21,000 and it was priced at 25,000. My friend got his a year later, brand new from a dealer in Houma, LA for 18,000 because that dealership mainly sells ATV's. They sell very few street bikes, let alone bikes over 20,000. Good luck in your search. You may wanna consider out of state and trailering it or riding it back. the M109R is a GREAT bike!

Fulmitz

G

·
tmac1337 said:
I'm wondering where are all the M109R's at? Here in FL, there are none. I have a deposit at 2 dealerships now, going on 4 weeks. When I call to inquire at both dealerships I am told the same thing (which at least means the business practices of Suzuki are consistent):

1: We asked for "X" amount of M109R's for the year but have no idea how many Suzuki will send us.

2: We have no idea what colors they will be, and when.

3: You can't order one specifically, have to wait for what you like to show up (keep fingers crossed).

4: We cannot tell more than a few days in advance when we will receive a bike, we get a shipping order a couple of days ahead of time and the truck comes.

5: Both tell me that they sell a large amount of units per year and hopefully their allocation of 109's will be more than just a few.

6: Both have waiting lists with many potential customers fretting.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but what kind of business practices are these? The dealers want to sell bikes, where are they? It would seem to me if Corp. Suzuki knows one dealer has 10 confirmed deposits they would send that dealer 10 bikes instead of just 2 coupled with sending another dealer a few who has no deposits and the bikes sit on the floor.

And here I am waiting to pay cash for it.......the first foreign bike I have liked enough to buy new. Not a good experience so far.

Puzzled in FL! Maybe I'm just impatient for a hot bike.
I am not 100% sure but if Suzuki and Honda operate the same then it sounds to me like the dealers oversold their allocations hoping that some more would mysteriously appear. Plus remember that the M109 is made in Japan and has a much longer shipping cycle while all of the big Honda cruisers are made in Marysville, OH so they can get to the dealers much quicker.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I just got back from the dealer up here in Longwood, FL. (just north of Orlando) I had been there last Tuesday to look at the 3 they had on the floor in all 3 colors. I had intentions of getting one, but all 3 were gone! They have a silver one in the back still in the shipping container if your interested. I'm gonna wait for another blue one to show up and also for the prices to come down some. The price was $12,500 otd. I won't go over $11,800, hopefully $11,500.
They also said that there was some more in their warehouse.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RLS said:
I just got back from the dealer up here in Longwood, FL. (just north of Orlando) I had been there last Tuesday to look at the 3 they had on the floor in all 3 colors. I had intentions of getting one, but all 3 were gone! They have a silver one in the back still in the shipping container if your interested. I'm gonna wait for another blue one to show up and also for the prices to come down some. The price was $12,500 otd. I won't go over $11,800, hopefully $11,500.
They also said that there was some more in their warehouse.
I am quoted at $11,406 OTD at ARS north of Lake Okeechobee but the deposit list there is in the high teens now.

Locally in Davie FL I am quoted at $11,500.00 because a co-worker knows the owner, and that is where I would like to purchase becuase of local servicing.

I'm waiting to see which dealers comes up with one first.

Both dealers seem to have not received that many bikes in. As far as I know the dealer is Davie FL has only received and sold immediately 2.

FL is a hot sales state for bikes. With everyone waiting around down here Suzuki should start shipping some around the state, instead of colder markets where the bikes sit, doesn't make sense to me.

It seems that Suzuki has finally manufactured a bike in their cruiser line that people want to buy in large numbers. Congratulations to them, I never thought I would own a Suzuki cruiser.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HalGreenlee said:
I am not 100% sure but if Suzuki and Honda operate the same then it sounds to me like the dealers oversold their allocations hoping that some more would mysteriously appear. Plus remember that the M109 is made in Japan and has a much longer shipping cycle while all of the big Honda cruisers are made in Marysville, OH so they can get to the dealers much quicker.
Hal, what do I have to do then........send Godzilla over there to muscle me up a bike?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Good news for those in GA and NC. Smith Pro Sports in Hayesville, NC just received a black 109. Still in box and will be on floor in two days. If you are close and want one here it is.

I bought mine there four weeks ago and they are a great place to buy a bike from. Took care of prep, license, inspection etc. all in one hour and had me on the road.

Good luck guys.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Here in Orlando there are selling like hot cakes!!! :eek: I met my new neighbor last week while I was changing the oil in my "Fast" black one and here he is with a beautiful brand new one in the garage. On my way to church this morning coming out of my community, a black one seating at the traffic light. When to the mall, and there is a silver one seating be side me at the traffic light. Comming out of Walmart just now, another silver one. :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not sure I agrre with the nouveau Metric marketing logic.
Harley built an entire Market on the exact OPPOSITE strategy.
Make customers feel like they are tickled pink,just to have the priviledge of
owning a precious Harley.Until a few years ago,Harley wood'nt dar dream of
sellin at a discount.In fact,many Harley dealers were askin a few thousand
over list for certain models,even after a year into the TC88 models.
Keep em wanting more.Harley owners still think their RESALE is a
key selling point.No longer.
  The VTX was overproduced,and now,Overmarketed.
  There must be a better way.

G

·
tmac1337 said:
Hal, what do I have to do then........send Godzilla over there to muscle me up a bike?
I had a deposit with the Okeechobee dealer but he kept pushing the date. So I called around and found one in North Carolina about 80 miles from Lamont. He went and picked it up for me. He even took the time to test it out for me and make sure the motor runs. I bet if you contact him that he would do the same for you. Here is the video if you haven't seen it:

http://media.putfile.com/Hals-New-Bike

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
vtxoak said:
Man maybe I should put this one up for sale and buy another one later? :eek:

I love the paint job you did! I even printed out a picture of your bike a few days ago. Once I finally buy one, I will be tempted to load it into my Dodge and drop it off in Tampa for something similar :bigthumbsup:

But if your thinking of parting with it..........I'm all ears!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I work at a dealer in Mo. We are alocated a certain number of bikes and don't know what is coming or when until a few days before the truck comes. We do have a purple and black one on the floor. The GM bought the 1st one shiped and I got the third. I wanted purple but all we had was black. Didn't know when the purple would come in, Could be a week or end of summer, I didn't want to wait so I bought the black. And of course the purple came 3 days later. I had already cut the "snow shovel" off the back fender so I couldn't trade. I traded an 05 C90 with 1091 miles on it. Best trade I ever made. I've had alot of bikes but the 109 will never leave my collection! I have an 04 GSXR 600 collecting dust in the garage since the 109 joined the family...LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEEEE IIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
tmac1337 said:
I am quoted at $11,406 OTD at ARS north of Lake Okeechobee but the deposit list there is in the high teens now.

Locally in Davie FL I am quoted at $11,500.00 because a co-worker knows the owner, and that is where I would like to purchase becuase of local servicing.

I'm waiting to see which dealers comes up with one first.

Both dealers seem to have not received that many bikes in. As far as I know the dealer is Davie FL has only received and sold immediately 2.

FL is a hot sales state for bikes. With everyone waiting around down here Suzuki should start shipping some around the state, instead of colder markets where the bikes sit, doesn't make sense to me.

It seems that Suzuki has finally manufactured a bike in their cruiser line that people want to buy in large numbers. Congratulations to them, I never thought I would own a Suzuki cruiser.
Dude, Make the trek to Delray Beach and hit up Delray Motorsports. They had 3 in there a few days ago. Just sitting there. They go QUICK though. Might be gone but worth a shot. Palm Beach Cycles also had a few. Fort Lauderdale is close as hell. I'm suprised the dealership in Davie doesn't have any if it's the dealer i'm thinking of way down the end of Griffin. I am will bet you can get a blue or black one on tomorrow if you call Delray Motorsports. Don't expect a great deal or anything.... Grrrr dealers. I have yet to get this dealer to let anything go for less than list and I have bought a lot of bikes from them over the years.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
muahman said:
Dude, Make the trek to Delray Beach and hit up Delray Motorsports. They had 3 in there a few days ago. Just sitting there. They go QUICK though. Might be gone but worth a shot. Palm Beach Cycles also had a few.  Fort Lauderdale is close as hell.  I'm suprised the dealership in Davie doesn't have any if it's the dealer i'm thinking of way down the end of Griffin. I am will bet you can get a blue or black one on tomorrow if you call Delray Motorsports. Don't expect a great deal or anything.... Grrrr dealers. I have yet to get this dealer to let anything go for less than list and I have bought a lot of bikes from them over the years.
Since today is a holiday, the first thing I am going to do tomorrow is call my local dealer, yes the one off Griffin, and see if they can do a dealer to dealer exchange somehow. If not, I'll call Delray myself.

Thanks for the lead :bigthumbsup:

Surprising they have a couple in and others get none :eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts