M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am showing my ignorance, but where is Biketoberfest? How large a turn out does it have and are there any reasonable places to stay.

Only bike get togethers I have been to have been Sturgis(4x) and Reno(3x) and Laughlin(2x), I'm kinda lacking on knowledge about get togethers here in the South and East.

Trying to get the wife to agree to go to something so any info would be appreciated. :dontknow:

·
Registered
456 Posts
I do both Bike Week and Biketoberfest every year since I'm only about an hour away. Like already stated both are in Daytona Beach. I like Biketoberfest a little better than Bike Week 'cause there are slightly less people at Biketober then bike week. And I've always felt that Biketober was a little more laid back than Bike Week.

Getting a room for this years Biketoberfest might be a challange given how cloes to the event you are.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the info, suspect x-caliber50 is right, to close to event time to find any rooms and I don't think the Mrs. is up for the camping anymore. You all have a good time, hopefully I can make it next year. Sounds like a great time. :(

G

·
Best and cheapest places to stay are some of the condos down on the beach south of New Smyrna Beach. I just did a Google search and their are bunches listed. We stayed in one that slept 6 and we only paid about $150 per day. Its 30 minutes up to Daytona on US 1. Ours even has a secure parking garage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts