M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always carry a few items on my bike ,like a small kickstand plate,cigars(I know I need to quit),a couple of maps,ect. Can I store some of this under the seat,or will it fall out? :confused:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I got a couple maps under my seat and they have stayed for 2000 miles so... I would imagine the kickstand plate will be fine... I dunno about the cigars.. they might fall through... get yourself a single-dbl or triple humidor and Velcro it under the seat :bigthumbsup: it'll probably work :)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,that's a good idea. I wasn't sure how much extra room there was under there. Maybe a small flat zippered bag would keep the small things there.

·
Registered
721 Posts
There is a very limited space where your tool pouch goes for the ceee-gars.
Maps will be ok under the seat, though I advise using plastic ones :bigthumbsup:
Or put them in ziplocks....

I bought a leather tool bag and attached to the risers, doest look great, but fer sure holds stuff :p
I can put my night glasses, bottle of water (big), extra smokes and still have a little room left :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also thought about a tool bag between the front forks,but I'm not sure about the clearance on the front fender?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Ron S said:
I also thought about a tool bag between the front forks,but I'm not sure about the clearance on the front fender?
No room there, wheel travels too much.... Though I think it would look great there :)
Mine actually rest's on top of the headlight nacelle and covers the front of the tach.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I am waiting on my tool bag for above the light to arrive. I will keep a flat kit in it. I will also get a small tank bag for other stuff
As for under the seat, follow what others have said. I keep a microfiber cloth in a ziplock there.

If Jardine (current favorite) ever offers there quick detach for the 109 I will get it and mount (semi permanent) a small stylish bag on the rack.

AND Just so you know it can be done. Yesterday after I split from the other riders in my group I got so hot I folded and folded! a fully armored 5XL jacket and bungeed it to the passenger seat with one of those nets, (looked like I caught the Blob) and my bungee buttons are not even on there yet!

Sledzep

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I order my cigars from Thompson on line,and I do inhale(sorry slick willie :D). I guess I'll try to mount the bag on the bars.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I leave my tool bag at home, and as long as the cigars are the shorter style they would fit easily. I carry a 5"x5" piece of a thick plastic truck mud flap for a kick stand pad, I just shove it between the back of the battery and its tray ;)

You might want to check out this link for cigars they are cheaper than Thompsons most all the time and their shipping is quicker and more consistant.................

www.cigarsinternational.com

·
Registered
71 Posts
:bigthumbsup: I use a tank bag. I take it with me wherever I go. Not that pretty but very effective. Can hold a lot of stuff. Tank bag has a clear plastic front that you can slide a map in.

Mine is black.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
I use an issue medic fanny pack. Holds maps, water, a can of Honda spray polish, rags, tools, flat kit, spare shield, rags, cell phone, spare change, IDs and acts as a pseudo-backrest. I could probably fit a packable rainsuit in this if I tried, but then it wouldn't rain and what fun is that?

G

·
I am waiting on pictures and details but I saw a pretty cool hip bag two weeks ago at a vendor show. It straps to your leg with Velcro and has enough room for an MP3, cigars, small pistol, pen, etc. etc. Thing had like 5-6 zippered compartments to it. Around $60 and made of Cordura nylon. Nice piece. I should have pix by the weekend.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I use my back - pack I picked up at wally world :D ride to work with lunch etc... jump off , make sure light's are off ,clock in,also work's great like today I went and picked up some oil and filter for the cage :D I love the freedom ,and keeping the 109 looking sporty the reason i bought it to start with POWER Cruiser

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have found the "Drifter" the be VERY useful, and versatile: http://www.saddlemen.com/express_drifter.html

At first I used it as illustrated, and it was really good.

Then I got my windshield and it wouldn't fit there anymore -- so I switched it to the left side of the bike where saddlebags would go -- just strapped it there with the straps that come with it -- to that transverse strap that crosses over the passenger seat --- worked and looked GREAT.

Then I got my Corbin passenger rest -- and it just begged to be strapped on there -- so I did that.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bonehead,thanks for the web/site :bigthumbsup: The prices are allot better

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Ron S said:
Bonehead,thanks for the web/site :bigthumbsup: The prices are allot better
No problem :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I should post some pics sorry but I mounted a small willie&max leather bag on the drive shaft cover right behind the passenger foot peg. I think its approx. 6" wide 9 " tall and @ 2.5" deep. Not my idea, saw a pic of someone on here with one. Somehwat inconspicuous holds a couple pair of glasses and a cig or 2.

I did one of the backrest mods from this site and bought a tour master barrel bag that mounts on the backrest when the time arises that I need a jacket for the ride home.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I use a small Johnny Rocket tank bag. Usually put it on backwards on the 109 because its lines look better that way with the lines of the tank. That also turns the zipper portion of the top compartment towards me so I can quickly get things like my wallet or cell phone out. I usually carry a camera in the larger portion and sometimes my Nuvi GPS along with a raincoat sometimes. Works great.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts