M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had one on order for almost a month at BikeBandit and they were still saying it was back ordered. :verymad:
Where are you guys getting yours?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks JR. Uh, I'm ashamed it's that easy. Also, 3,4,0 with my dragsters? I got the JSD yester day and have yet to install.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My turn to be a little ignorant.

FI2000R
JSD
Power Commander

Do I need to buy all three or does one do everything. Besides increasing performance I don't understand what each one does. Don't mind buying all three, but if I can save money with one or two I could spend it other ways.

·
Registered
122 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
jsd -send signal to the computer replicating fourth gear indication(thus letting the computer run a full timing map wiyhout retarding the timing)
FI2000 is for when you need to adjust the fuel signals to the ingectors ,just like rejetting a carb. but will only add to not take fuel out of signal.
power commander will add and remove fuel from the signal and will be much more adjustable (very small increments)
the latter two are for when you change airboxes or exhaust systems so you can adjust tha lean rch fuel mixture and get better (maximum hp gains for your new mod) :bigthumbsup: :tools:
Thanks ppridgen1, So all I really need is the JSD and Power Commander correct? It appears the FI and PC do roughly the same thing. The PC sounds like it is more indepth tuning.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Hollywood said:
Thanks ppridgen1, So all I really need is the JSD and Power Commander correct? It appears the FI and PC do roughly the same thing. The PC sounds like it is more indepth tuning.
One word of warning, the power comander will require a lap top unless you have a PC tower in your garage to replace/check fuel maps. You most likely will need a dyno or exhaust gas analyzer to tweek your maps. The only other way is to load someone elses map & hope it will work equally as well.

The FI2000R is much more simpler to adjust & play with settings by turning one or more of the three dials to alter fuel delivery at different times. Lowend, midrange, topend..... :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Chuck said:
One word of warning, the power comander will require a lap top unless you have a PC tower in your garage to replace/check fuel maps. You most likely will need a dyno or exhaust gas analyzer to tweek your maps. The only other way is to load someone elses map & hope it will work equally as well.

The FI2000R is much more simpler to pladjust & play with settings by turning one or more of the three dials to alter fuel delivery at different times. Lowend, midrange, topend..... :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
Good to know, thanks Chuck!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. I ordered my FI on Friday and got it THURSDAY!!! Unbelievable! I had one on order from "Bike Bandit.com" and it should be BS.com. I ordered on 7/19 and they were still giving me some manufacturers back order BS. I cancelled and vioala! So I've got my JSD and the FI2000R and of course it has rained every day since!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts