M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to do a halo install, but want to do it on a spare headlight....

Cant find one anywhere, any idea's?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Don't know about a spare, just have to hunt around. Check Ebay and here in the 4sale section.

Easy to do. I did an LED strip in mine. The only tricky part that takes some patience and time is seperating the lens from the headlight assembly. A heatgun or even a hairdryer works great to heat up the waterseal. Not having either, I used my oven, just cracked the door open and rotated the assembly to it was warm enough to seperate.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
MarlboroLts, looks pretty cool. I just finally changed to a PIAA bulb today. It seems like it is not to hard to add the LEDS :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Don't know about a spare, just have to hunt around. Check Ebay and here in the 4sale section.

Easy to do. I did an LED strip in mine. The only tricky part that takes some patience and time is seperating the lens from the headlight assembly. A heatgun or even a hairdryer works great to heat up the waterseal. Not having either, I used my oven, just cracked the door open and rotated the assembly to it was warm enough to seperate.

That looks so good, its just visually pleasing.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
If that's your idea, I think someone beat you to it. :D
:agree:

I think there was a how-to on it over a year ago, it may even still be up.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
uummm:drool:
how does it look wit lights on???
With the headlight on, can't see the LEDs unless your real close and angled from the light. The headlight bulb just drowns them out.

I installed a switch on the ground-side of the headlight to kill it when I'm in a parking lot showin' off. Flip the switch and on the road I go. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
I might have a spare headligt piece. I was going to do something with it but changed my mind. Pm me with an offer if you want it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts