M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yeah, I got one similar to that one. I put mine on the right rear, up high just below the seat where there used to be a reflector thing. I take some photos and post them later tonight. It works just fine for me. Cheers!

brian

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bconnally1 said:
Yeah, I got one similar to that one. I put mine on the right rear, up high just below the seat where there used to be a reflector thing. I take some photos and post them later tonight. It works just fine for me. Cheers!

brian
Thanks Brian I will watch for the pictures...

·
Registered
343 Posts
What inspection sticker? Man I quit doing that when I realized those stickers never seem to match my paint. Seriously, none of my bikes have evr been inspected more than once. In Texas you have to have a valid inspection sticker when you register the bike for the first time. After that they're S.O.L. on getting any more of my $$$. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I only have a plate hanger on the back ends at this point and I placed the same plate on the top bolt left side of the plate. When I relocate to the sidemount I will have to find another place.

·
Registered
666 Posts
OYChoppa said:
What inspection sticker? Man I quit doing that when I realized those stickers never seem to match my paint. Seriously, none of my bikes have evr been inspected more than once. In Texas you have to have a valid inspection sticker when you register the bike for the first time. After that they're S.O.L. on getting any more of my $$$. :bigthumbsup:
do they not expire?? dont thats way i ask :D
so is it cool to take it off?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Here in texas inspection stickers are only good for one year. I have always been under the impression you must get a new sticker every year, at least that is what I have always done.

Regardless, here is where I mounted my inspection sticker. It works great if you ask me, it's out of the way, yet can still be seen if needed. Cheers!!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The state trooper that taught my last safety class said that as long as you have them with you, and that they match your bike they're usually pretty understanding about not having them stuck to your bike, especially if its a really nice looking bike.

He suggested getting a waterproof bag of some kind, like a big ziplock freezer bag, and putting everything you needed in it, registration, insurance, inspection, etc and keeping it where you could get to it easily if pulled over. So long as you keep it somewhere on the bike he said they weren't really picky about you having it stuck to the bike.

·
Registered
133 Posts
becareful what they tell you. texas traffic law is pretty specific, it states that the inspection sticker must be on the bike and toward the rear. although i highly doubt they will give you hassle if you have it in your pocket. i mounted mine on my swingarm behind my pipes, cant see it unless you look and its toward the rear.

as for not getting it inspected? WTF? its only like 8 bucks, and will keep you from getting a 200 dollar ticket, or worse, if you are pulled over by DPS and the inspection is WAY out of date, can say you wont be riding the bike home, they can make you get a trailer and get it home some other way. personally i dont think its worth the risk. Here in dallas, some of the local cities will take you to jail if your inspection and or registration is out over X amount of time.

DaltonH said:
The state trooper that taught my last safety class said that as long as you have them with you, and that they match your bike they're usually pretty understanding about not having them stuck to your bike, especially if its a really nice looking bike.

He suggested getting a waterproof bag of some kind, like a big ziplock freezer bag, and putting everything you needed in it, registration, insurance, inspection, etc and keeping it where you could get to it easily if pulled over. So long as you keep it somewhere on the bike he said they weren't really picky about you having it stuck to the bike.

·
Registered
908 Posts
SLOPOKE said:
becareful what they tell you. texas traffic law is pretty specific, it states that the inspection sticker must be on the bike and toward the rear. although i highly doubt they will give you hassle if you have it in your pocket. i mounted mine on my swingarm behind my pipes, cant see it unless you look and its toward the rear.
Slopoke - Where does it say that in Texas Traffic Law? I've looked and can't find that. A while back a SAPD cop told me it just has to be presented upon request. I keep mine in a plastic bag with my insurance and registration under my seat.

·
Registered
133 Posts
TRC §548.255.

ATTACHMENT OR PRODUCTION OF INSPECTION CERTIFICATE.

(a) An inspection certificate shall be attached to or produced for a vehicle in the manner required by department rule.

(b) The department shall:

(1) require that a certificate for a motorcycle be attached to the rear of the motorcycle near the license plate; and

(2) adopt rules with respect to display of an inspection certificate for a moped.

more can be found here
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/msb/txmclaws.htm#Chapter 2

for the record i was a Dallas Cop for 3 years.......

Hogthong said:
Slopoke - Where does it say that in Texas Traffic Law? I've looked and can't find that.  A while back a SAPD cop told me it just has to be presented upon request. I keep mine in a plastic bag with my insurance and registration under my seat.

·
Registered
908 Posts
SLOPOKE - Where do I find the "offense & penalty" for not properly displaying the inspection certificate? Couldn't find it on that link. But there was so much stuff, might have missed it. With your law enforcement :cop: experience, I know it's easier for you to glean this stuff out.... :dontknow:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am going to my Transpertation code book(that is rather old 1999-been out of law enforcement now since 02), under
TRC 548.604
Penalty for certain Violations
section C. an offense under this section is a midemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200

But as i refered to earlier, some cities have it written in their "code" to arrest in certain circumstances. so it really depends on the city if they chose to haul you in for somthing as stupid as an out of date inspection sticker or registration. personally i think it hinders more on the operator of the vehicle, if the owner of the bike is a Dick, then i am sure the officer can be a Dick....pardon my french.
hope this helps.

Hogthong said:
SLOPOKE - Where do I find the "offense & penalty" for not properly displaying the inspection certificate? Couldn't find it on that link. But there was so much stuff, might have missed it. With your law enforcement :cop: experience, I know it's easier for you to glean this stuff out.... :dontknow:

·
Registered
343 Posts
texas109 said:
do they not expire?? dont thats way i ask :D
so is it cool to take it off?
Yes, they do expire. I would NEVER (tounge in cheek) tell anyone to "not" have their bike inspected on an annual basis. But, I just don't do it. I know more about my scoot than most of the meatheads at the shop and like I said before, the color never seems to match my paint. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts