M109 Rider Forums banner

Where are you logged on the most from? (Please read my post b4 you vote though, Thanks!)

• Home

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Work

• Garage (if you have a computer there)

• Blackberry/PDA Device

• Laptop on the road. (not from home)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to see where everyone is logged on from. I work for Verizon Wireless as a Business Sales Account Executive and I am given a new phone every 6 months to keep up with the latest trends. The phone they wanted to give me was a Palm Treo 700w which is a PDA (Windows operating system). I tryed it out for a day and returned it to my boss who looked at me like I was crazy. Its a $500 phone in the stores and was ranked very high on a lot of electronic reporting sites. So he asked me, "Why are you handing this back to me? Are you giving me your two weeks notice, I don't understand?" ..... Well my response to him was, " I want my blackberry 8703e back and I do not want that piece of junk you gave me! (By the way I have a very good repor with my boss) I can't belive that you would give me a device that I cannot sign onto, and respond to, the M109riders.com forum!!!!!" So he said "What the :edit: is that?" I explained, "It is the most informative and best forum in the world, let alone for the best bike in the world, Suzuki's M109." So he started laughing and said, "In all of my years here and as many phones as we test I never have heard somone say that to me."

The story goes on but to sum it up quickly he said that if I post a poll to see how many people are actually signed on from work or a pda device he will let me get back to my blackberry and I could continue to post from anywhere I want to.

*** But please be honest, because he will be checking this poll thread as I have given him the website name so he himself can check and read what people are writing. I told him it would be fair because we are all very honest on here. And the only way I am getting it back is with honest answers. So if you all do log on from home and I am the only wierdo who is soo addicted to read it from my blackberry no matter where I am 24/7 then so be it. *****

Thanks for all of your help in advance and hope to hear your thoughts on my addiction. any posts would be helpful

·
Registered
161 Posts
You shouldn't be using a company PDA for personal use. Shame on you!!!! I hope your boss reads this.

BTW, the only reason I'm typing that is because my work won't give me one. ;) I'm jealous!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
i will be getting the Treo 700P this week
with unlimited internet
so i will be loggin in from both home and pda

Veeha

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
DFW_Warrior said:
You shouldn't be using a company PDA for personal use. Shame on you!!!! I hope your boss reads this.

BTW, the only reason I'm typing that is because my work won't give me one. ;)Â I'm jealous!!!
In all honesty, if I had time to log on at work, I might think about it. However if I did frequently log on from work, the president would likely pay me a visit. I havn't heard of too many companies that let you log on at work. Not even lunch hours etc.
Sorry man, this doesn't help, but you wanted honesty.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I logged on at work once at lunch ....but the rules are no personel use......but this is a big company and I feel lucky they let me get away with just surfen ......but....whats a dingleberry? :joke:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Albino this isn't a good poll question...mainly because I log on from time to time at work because I have access...but once I'm home I log back on and really give the topics a good read. At work it just to pop in and see if anything comes up that needs my attention (like this poll) or to include some tidbit I might find like the "Helmet" thread. I think you need another area like ( home/work) JMHO

Thanks for posting the poll though :bigthumbsup:
Devilish

·
Registered
37 Posts
I log in at work and pretty much leave it on throughout the day. I'll check it when I've got a few minutes of down time. I've not tried using my treo 650 to log in - may have to play with that a bit.

McBel

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Although I don't have a pda to log on from, I still use work as my main sign on point. Probably 95% of the time I'm signed on I'm at work. In fact I'm at work right now. I'm in the car business and spend a large part of my down time on this site. I'm addicted and I need help.

My name is Joshua and I'm a 109 addict.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys I am at work right now on my boss' comp, and it's looking good so far, but he wants a full week monitor. So lets just hopefully keep them coming. By the way I too cannot access it from my desk at work. Which is why I am responding on my boss' computer. And it is also why I need my pdabackkkkkk ahhhhhh lol I'm def addicted.

Thank you fellow 109 brethren for all of your help on this topic!

My name is Ray and I am a M109riders addict!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Curious you have the garage as one of your choices . . that's where my computer desk, work bench and 109 reside ! Heated and air conditioned of course . . the only place in the house she let's me smoke ! ;)

·
Registered
411 Posts
IMPORTANT HEALTH NOTICE The Surgeon has determined that Crackberry´s can be dangerous to your health. Not because of radiation or such nonsense, but you may forget that you have a wife and family and most wives have no sense of humor when it comes to the point of "not taking care of your homework" Now back to the question 50% from Home and 50% from ....................................................

G

·
I used to be logged in the most from work, but the company blocked the shit... Now only from home, and when I am not riding... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I mostly access from work...
with my job I can spend 8 hours here with nothing to do (browsing the net or whatever..)... or have so much to do that i will not sleep for 3 days straight and end up crashing in the back of a rental car not realizing what day it is...
What do i do... mostly Tech Support/Field Service/ Engineering..... other than that.. everything... today hopefully will be a nice day and be just busy enough until i leave...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Mostly work as Broadband, Home is Dial up so too Slow.
Only during Brew & Lunch Break of course

·
Registered
572 Posts
I can log on just fine from my Treo 650... did you check to make sure the browser was setup properly? It should work great to surf this site and others :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
I login the mostly from work. I have Samsung i730 and will often login win I'm out of town and not near a computer. When I'm in location where evdo is accessible I log on more often and read more post. I live in Burlington, NC which doesn't have evdo at the moment (can't wait until it is more accessible) when I'm in town I will login from work or home.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts