M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On 8-28-10 my close friend was cut off by a cager turning left in front of him. God was looking over him for sure. He hit the front of the car doing about 45 mph. Fortunately he was wearing his full-face helmet. Had it not been for that he probably would have been killed. He struck the windshield face first flipping over the car after striking the roof of the car and shattering all the vehicles windows. Mind you he is a big guy 250 pounds, he landed on the street behind the car. Here is the worst part, the driver panics and puts the car in reverse and runs him over trapping him under the car. Then realizes my friends is under the car and has to drive back off of him! WTF :edit:
He had to get reconstructive surgery to sew back on his nose lips and chin that were ripped of some how hanging on only by a thread of skin and may lose his spleen. Please put him in your prayers. We are both :cop: and he is a good family man. Not a 109 owner but a biker none the less. Thanks for your prayers his name is John and please be safe guys.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'm not a praying guy but I wish him luck.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
I will keep him and his familly in my thoughts. I hope the driver got charged twice because he ran him over not once but twice. Why did he even back up?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I'll pray for him and get well soon. F:edit: that cager!!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Praying for him, so sorry to hear this.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
My best thoughts

and wishes for John, sent. Unreal the people who just don't see us, scary part is the ones that do, but they feel we are not a legit form of transportation, ARGGGGGGGG:mad:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I hate to hear these stories! I wish the best for your friend's speedy recovery. I'm not a religious person, but my thoughts and heart go out to him and his family.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Prayers out for John, hope he survives and makes a full recovery!

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Sorry to hear,hope for a speedy recovery...it's crazy out there and only getting worse...so many vehicles,so many distractions and a ton of frustrated drivers..I wish every cager was forced to ride a bike through a congested city before they handed them a license , so they had a better perspective on our vulnerability...most don't see or think about us till it's to late,it's very sad.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Prayers go out to him and thank God he was wearing a helmet!! I see so many riders here in SC riding without them...I pray for them too!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Prayers sent from Alabama. I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

I cringe everytime I encounter an intersection and a car is in the left turning lane. I watch them like a hawk, with my thumb on the air horn. Many times I flash the headlight. Anything to get noticed.:dontknow:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Sorry to hear that. prayers for his speedy recovery

1 - 20 of 24 Posts