M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Boy I sure am a curious one lol. Also be working towards getting a m109 rim & tire here in July. I was wondering if anyone had an idea of how big of a tire I can put on that ll fit the M90's space. I know for sure a 280 can go on the stock 9's rim. Looking more at a 250/260. Thanks all.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boo lame ^.^ 240 is a significant difference to the 200 anyways :D

G

·
Boy I sure am a curious one lol. Also be working towards getting a m109 rim & tire here in July. I was wondering if anyone had an idea of how big of a tire I can put on that ll fit the M90's space. I know for sure a 280 can go on the stock 9's rim. Looking more at a 250/260. Thanks all.
"I know for sure a 280 can go on the stock 9's rim". Better look into that one a Lil more. :doh:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
240 is as large as you can go...the 250 will rub.
Where would it rub? Just the sides or the top too? Might thinking about altering that rear fairing to fit a 250 far into the future when I wear out a 240.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eh you know what I forgot about the frame and drive shaft, bleh. Might have to hold out a 240 till someone makes a fat tire kit for the m90.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The 250 was tried on the m90... he said he had to use a sanding block and shave about 2mm off of the drive shaft side of the tire to stop it from rubbing on the drive shaft.

G

·
If the 250 will work I have a set of stock wheels front an rear that are black an have a 250 in the rear in great shape!i will be sellin soon as my other wheels get here...

·
Registered
474 Posts
Got my 240 on the rim and just picked up my buddy's jack to do the swap this week. I don't know about you, but 240 for me IS a fat tire kit:joke:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Eh you know what I forgot about the frame and drive shaft, bleh. Might have to hold out a 240 till someone makes a fat tire kit for the m90.
good luck with that i think we will be very lucky if someone does make a kit for it but i wouldnt hold my breath

·
Registered
407 Posts
we put a stock rear wheel and and a 240 on an M90 and that is great fit and looks great

·
Registered
52 Posts
When you put the 240 on there you'll see there is no need for a 250. The ride is a little different, but only takes about a day to get used to. I love the mod and it deff gets a bunch of looks. That and the 2 1/2" lowering bones :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK ok ok you twisted my arm :) looks like a 240! Does anyone know if there is a company that puts out custom tires for the 90? or would custom rear rims for the 9 fit the 90 if its all the same measurements?

·
Registered
52 Posts
You can use the 109 rims, they are a little taller, but fit right in. Use the 109 bearings and spacer and you're good to go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts