1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I am changing out my wheels here is the setup I am looking at:

Front: 21 x 3.5 with a 120/70/21 Metz
Rear: Stock 240 8.5 inch with a 260 Metz

I didn't want to go with a 280 I like riding in the turns hard and didn't want to lose that which I am hearing a lot of you guys say I want be able to lean at hard with a 280 but I wanted a fat look on the rear so I will stay stock and do the 260.

So Here are my questions does anyone have the riding selection I have above and if so how does it feel? I know many of you have the regular 18 x3.5 front and a 260 in the rear but I want the front end to stand up a little more. Also how does the 260 in the turns feel? And will I be able to still turn hard with the 21 x 3.5 on the bike? When I say turns I don't mean corner like I do on my R1 but you know just to get low a little bit. LOL

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
PM Carlos, he and his brothers have experience with the 21 inch front setup, I'm sure he would happily let you in on the tips i.e. riding style, fender modifications, and tire selection.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
haha, I haven't been there since I was stationed here my first time. I had a lifetime ban since I married 3 of the strippers...........the same night! But ya its still there I just rode past it last weekend for the wounded warriors benefit ride. The privates on pass probably keep em busy every weekend (clean up in the champagne room!) Have fun in Korea, bring ya a mamasan back to clean house and iron laundry.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahahaha I'm out disabled vet but I do plan on making a trip back to korea and bringing back a ogemon( I know I jacked up the spelling)

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I'm a sport man and i love my 280 on a stock rim. Not hard to lie over on the corners. Feels good going down and back up. Just got to put more air to stop the funky ware on the edge of the tire. Lots have been running low air and what it does is it gives and rip the tire up.

I'll be posting as soon as i ware this tire out with pics and it does give you more rubber on the corners. I not only drag the pins, i fold the pegs up. I have to lift my feet up.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.