1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am changing out my wheels here is the setup I am looking at:

Front: 21 x 3.5 with a 120/70/21 Metz
Rear: Stock 240 8.5 inch with a 260 Metz

I didn't want to go with a 280 I like riding in the turns hard and didn't want to lose that which I am hearing a lot of you guys say I want be able to lean at hard with a 280 but I wanted a fat look on the rear so I will stay stock and do the 260.

So Here are my questions does anyone have the riding selection I have above and if so how does it feel? I know many of you have the regular 18 x3.5 front and a 260 in the rear but I want the front end to stand up a little more. Also how does the 260 in the turns feel? And will I be able to still turn hard with the 21 x 3.5 on the bike? When I say turns I don't mean corner like I do on my R1 but you know just to get low a little bit. LOL

·
Registered
538 Posts
With the 21" replicator wheel, the only difference you will feel is the front end is a little heavier and takes a little more effort to counter steer. Its not bad though. If you are looking to rip the twisties up all the time, I would not go that route, but for the occasional romp through the twisties go for it! IMHO the 21" front is perfect look on the 9. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I knew you would chime in Carlos, figured you were out digging up some granite to sell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts