M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a powder coating shop that will polish & clear powder coat wheels for under $500.

how well do you think the wheels will hold up ???

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
powdercoat generally is more abrasion resistant than paint. As long as the shop is reputable you should be happy with the finished product.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
would it shine as chrome ?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
powdercoat is a electrically charged paint substance. It will look like paint but be more durable. Pick your color.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was thinking about a metallic black

·
Registered
263 Posts
powdercoating will never shine like chrome, There are things you can have done and certain coats that will give a chrome effect, but will never be near as shiny as chrome.

·
Registered
263 Posts
powdercoating will never shine like chrome, There are things you can have done and certain coats that will give a chrome effect, but will never be near as shiny as chrome.
Theres a shop by me that did my last bike, they do awsome work and are very reasonable. Its probably 45 minutes from you. Look up
http://www.boneheadperformance.com

G

·
I found a powder coating shop that will polish & clear powder coat wheels for under $500.

how well do you think the wheels will hold up ???
Ok I'm confused... If you are getting them powdered 500 is high! But you said polish an cleared. Witch are you wanting? Powder or polished?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
i had my wheels polished and clear powdercoated locally for $350. they look pretty good but they are far from chrome. i really think the shop owner under-priced the job but he stuck to his price when it was finished and i have to give him credit for that.

·
Registered
262 Posts
500 is extreemly high for powdercoating wheels.....

i have a guy here that does standard wheels for $80...charges a few bucks more for the 109 rear wheel cuz its so phat.

now if he is going to polish them too thats a different expense im sure....but if your doing powdercoat why would you polish them?....:dontknow:

little confused

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
500 is for polishing & clearing.

but a metallic finish would be about 300 for the set.

Im leaning towards a metallic black

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Any sample pics of it on the internet? There is no way that they would shine like chrome.

G

·
Oh ok. 300 is still a Lil high your going to have close to another 100 in dis mounting tires taking bearings out then buying the crush sleeves an all that. There are a few guys around me one charges 55 plus blasting an taping witch comes out to 85 or so the other is 100 with everything. Just to give you an idea. Good luck bro!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts