M109 Rider Forums banner

Wheel color?

• Polished with black center.

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Polished with body color "Copperhead" center.

Votes: 44 73.3%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just painted my bike a new custom color "Copperhead" and would like to do something with the wheels without spending 3K on a new set. What do you think?

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
I just painted my bike a new custom color and would like to do something with the wheels without spending 3K on a new set. What do you think?
Gloss black and paint the edge the same as the bike colour, see how i left mine polished on mine?

do yours like that except have it same colour as the bike.

Trust me you will get sick of polishing them wheels.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Gloss black on the lip and copperhead on the wheel face. Then do your carriers for the rotors in black, and you will have the contrast on top to offset all the copperhead. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
913 Posts
I personally dont think black wheels will look right on ur bike bc you dont have anything else blacked out.

Have you looked at coastal moto wheels? You can get a new set for around $2k. And they also have contrast wheels too.

·
Registered
960 Posts
That color is awesome!:bigthumbsup: BUT it makes me really miss the OEM headlight. Doesn't look right now. On the wheels, CHROME!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I may be leaning alittle towards the painted center with polished/chrome outer. But thats just me. :joke:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
That color is awesome!:bigthumbsup: BUT it makes me really miss the OEM headlight. Doesn't look right now. On the wheels, CHROME!
:agree:

needs the 109 headlight or it looks unfinished. Standard boring headlight does not flow with all the plastic fairings like the radiator shroud

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know the bags kill the looks, but I use them all the time.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bump for more results

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
If you don't want to polish you could just paint the in side of the rim body color to match.I polished mine yes its a lot of work but I have lots of free time in the winter.I use a sealer on my polished parts that works great to keep the shine.I also think black would look great with that color.Here are some pic's of my wheels.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts