Votes: 0 0.0%
  • notch 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what people are setting the rear shock to for the best overall ride (confort and handling).

·
Registered
387 Posts
I found that 4 was way too stiff even for my 240Lbs. Rite now I have it set to 6 but I will set it back to 7. I do not do 2-up. JOHN

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mack400 said:
I found that 4 was way too stiff even for my 240Lbs. Rite now I have it set to 6 but I will set it back to 7. I do not do 2-up.  JOHN
If you think 4 was to stiff you need to lower the numbers to 3,2,1. The higher you go the stiffer it is.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just picked up my new 109 today, and remembered to have the dealer adjust it before I left, due to the ongoing spanner wrench situation.

I had the preload backed all the way down to step #1, since I am 175 lbs. With the limited stroke, this is the only way to break my shock in at all.   Feels great.

My dad is about 195 lbs. & at setting #4 on his 109, road bumps have him bouncing off the seat. We'll correct that ASAP at his place.

·
Registered
398 Posts
So what number do u guys suggest for a for a guy of a welterweight of 160 lbs?

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
SETTINGS GO FROM 1 TO 7, COMES SET AT 4. I NOW HAVE MINE AT 1 THE LIGHTEST THEY MOST THINK, WE OVER HERE WEIGHT 750lbs. EACH IT WAS CRUSHING OUR SPINE ON BUMPS!!! MY DEALER DID IT FOR ME FOR NOTHING, AT FIRST I HAD THEM PUT IT AT 3, NOW I'M AT 1 AND I WISH IT COULD GO LOWER! BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS. AND I'M 265lbs. GIVE IT A TRY!

TORQ

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
i have to agree with some of the guys here. it came at 4 and i got use to it. i really should try a lighter setting considering i get launched off the seat on a good bump. :D

·
Registered
841 Posts
I"m 200lbs, 6'4" I set my Shock at #4 with the new Elite III and the New Mets on tha Front It really Rides Nice now............. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I use # 2 all the time now and thats with it lowered 2.25. I keep a Suzuki spanner in the tool kit in the bike if I ever need to change it.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
I have mine set on #2 and ride it like that with my wife on board too. Together we're about 350 pounds.

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,760 Posts
Notch 1 (I weigh 158#) and I bought an Ohlins Spanner wrench from my dealer for $8.95 (OH0071002)

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I HAD TO LOWER MINE TO THE NUMBER 2 SETTING. THE FACTORY NUMBER 4 SETTING WAS BEATING ME UP ON BIGGER BUMPS. NUMBER 2 IS MUCH BETTER. I HAD A SPANNER WRENCH FROM MY CAR DRAG RACING DAYS THAT WORKED REAL WELL. I AM 6'3 AND GO ABOUT 2 AND A HALF BILLS.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:eek:ldpost:

And 7 replies in the last 2 days. :D

I have mine set on 2 for almost 2 years now. It works out great for me. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
635 Posts
rynosback said:

I have mine set on 2 for almost 2 years now. It works out great for me. :bigthumbsup:
Some times it is nice for the old post to come around once more. I didn't know anything about this, duh... I going to buy that ohlins Spanner wrench and adjust mine to a lower number. I've always thought that the suspension was a bit harsh on the body when running over a bump.

·
Registered
781 Posts
rynosback said:

Is it just me, or has A LOT of 2006 posts been showing up the last couple of days???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts