M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So most of you know we supply the custom fender kit, but I've been asked a few times if I can make a replacement stock rear fender but with the back light smoothed out, if I did this it would be straight swap part so would be quite easy to do diy, and you'd get that custom smooth look and rid of that big back light, your replacement light options would be a side mount, or custom led,s the strip type tucked under the rear end:dontknow:, what do you guys think?:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lots of views, but no coments, not a good idea I take it:dontknow:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I definitaly think you would be able to sell it. How many not to sure. I know for me personally If I were going to change the back end of my bike I would definitaly be looking into a fender like the one you make now. Which is beautiful by the way.do you offer seat options with your current fender kit or is that all up to whom ever buys it. I would like to see more front fender options for our bikes instead of that ganster fender thats available now. HInt Hint

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Lots of views, but no coments, not a good idea I take it:dontknow:
How about making a prototype for us to see. I think your idea is pretty trick:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I definitaly think you would be able to sell it. How many not to sure. I know for me personally If I were going to change the back end of my bike I would definitaly be looking into a fender like the one you make now. Which is beautiful by the way.do you offer seat options with your current fender kit or is that all up to whom ever buys it. I would like to see more front fender options for our bikes instead of that ganster fender thats available now. HInt Hint
thanks for that bro, the custom fender kit comes compleate with seat, im gunna make a start on this new idea i think it will look prety goog all smoothed out, but i think its something that needs to bee seen to be appreciated:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
263 Posts
thanks for that bro, the custom fender kit comes compleate with seat, im gunna make a start on this new idea i think it will look prety goog all smoothed out, but i think its something that needs to bee seen to be appreciated:bigthumbsup:
I completely agree. There was a member on here that smoothed out his taillight and it looked really good. Im definitaly looking foward to seeing what you come up with. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Jem, I have been wanting to do get this done to my first M109R for quite a while now, including putting the LED Strip with the Brake Light & Turn Signal Combination. I know Raw Designs makes those as well. I have already called and talked with them about it, to make sure I would be able to get what I was looking for. My hold up has been trying to find someone that could actually do the work with a high quailty workmanship. Just this afternoon I was talking with a biker at Wal-Mart who said he knew a guy that worked here at a local body shop that might be able to fill in the whole where the taillight goes, but of course I would have to purchase the brake and turn signals. I don't need to see a prototype, becuase I am 100% sure that it is going to look sharp. Your work on fenders is absolutely fabulous, and I have no problems sending my tail section piece to you to have this work done. Do you have a price range in mind?

You can certainly count me in on this. This is a great opportunity for me to get the custom look I have been wanting on my first 9 for quite a while.

Please keep me posted.

I'M IN!!!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jem, I have been wanting to do get this done to my first M109R for quite a while now, including putting the LED Strip with the Brake Light & Turn Signal Combination. I know Raw Designs makes those as well. I have already called and talked with them about it, to make sure I would be able to get what I was looking for. My hold up has been trying to find someone that could actually do the work with a high quailty workmanship. Just this afternoon I was talking with a biker at Wal-Mart who said he knew a guy that worked here at a local body shop that might be able to fill in the whole where the taillight goes, but of course I would have to purchase the brake and turn signals. I don't need to see a prototype, becuase I am 100% sure that it is going to look sharp. Your work on fenders is absolutely fabulous, and I have no problems sending my tail section piece to you to have this work done. Do you have a price range in mind?

You can certainly count me in on this. This is a great opportunity for me to get the custom look I have been wanting on my first 9 for quite a while.

Please keep me posted.

I'M IN!!!
cool bro!
you wont have to send me your tail section, im going to make a replacement panell, so you can just change it over, and that way you can always swap it back to stock, im gunna need a couple of weeks to get this sorted, keep in touch bro with a pm and ill keep you updated, thanks:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I wish I could remember what member did this mod but it did look awesome!!:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

Cost would be my big question, especially with you being across the pond Jem but I think you would be able to sell a few of those. Good luck and can't wait to see what you do with it!!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I had thought about this mod for a while and the only change I was thinking about was rounding the rear a bit (cut about 3-4 inches) to give it a chopped look and have less overhang on the rear.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Personally I love the big back light. When I had the clear C.A. light, I got more compliments on that light than I would have believed if someone had told me about it.

Its a BIG [email protected]@ light that goes with a BIG BAD-A$$ bike.:bigthumbsup:

But, to each-their-own.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts