M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO FAR, I've missed 1st-2nd where it's 1/2 in nuetral, (nasty noise!), almost dumped it w/wife on- 'bout killed my right arm trying keep bike up,she later said she'd put HER foot down, which I know saved us. Once when gettin' on it in 2nd,( passing a Ford pick-up with his terrier jumpin' up on the toolbox & DM-near sliding off&out the last 4 miles), I hit a big ''frost-heave''. This partially (1) launched bike,(2) jam- crunched my neck,(3) slightly revved engine,& finally, glad I was still going in my intended trajectory, made me think if I ever quit ridin', it'd be because of ALL THE SH111T ROADS  :cus: :swear:!Sunkin' manholes, pavement section joints,etc...off my soapbox now. Let's hear your ''OH  :edit:''!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: What's worst thing you & or road did to your ''9'' you wish you could take back

Forgot to mention, relatively good section of hwy 30-st. louis area- spd lmt 60, hit bump just before abridge at 98 indicated, my right foot came off peg. Oh, Yeah! Pray & ride safe!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Re: What's worst thing you & or road did to your ''9'' you wish you could take b

missed 2nd shift racing a crotch rocket. i tell ya nothin will make your face turn red as fast as that.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Re: What's worst thing you & or road did to your ''9'' you wish you could take back

While adjusting my handle bars, even though I knew better, I didn't cover the tank and dropped a wrench and put a nice chip in the paint.

·
Registered
446 Posts

dropped my gas cap and dinged up the edge....might as well total the bike....LOL

G

·
Re: What's worst thing you & or road did to your ''9'' you wish you could take b

Was riding through one of the rural areas here in florida and at an intersection a saw a mirror of my bike another big guy on a black 109. I caught him out of the corner of my eye, gave him the wave, all while going fast to get away from a tailgater. Hit the middle of the intersection at about 45-55 (i was already at cruising speed) and got probably 12 inches of air, and i came off the seat about 4 inches. scared the shit out of me. And I know he was laughing at me.

Oh, and when I was coming to a stop, I looked forward, saw it in neutral, looked over at my friend and I must have just instinctively put it in first coming to the stop like i always do and popped the clutch as soon as I stopped. and i looked over.... 6 HOT girls in a tahoe laughing at me...

But i showed them after hauling ass away at the light! lol

·
Registered
238 Posts

Suzi was running a little bad and my dealer told me to clean out the fuel line. He quoted me $75 :eek: to do it and I thought it was a little high. So I went home and added about half a cup of Dawn liquid dish soap to the gas tank. That seemed to work for a few minutes, but then bubbles started coming out of the pipes! :yikes: I wasn't sure if this was too good so I shut the bike off. Then I just decided to clean her up a bit. I Armour All'd the tires up real good, made sure to get all the surfaces. I gotta tell ya, that bike is runnin real smooth now. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
924 Posts

I was backing down my neighbors driveway when I lost my balance and tipped the bike over :realmad: :swear: Lucky as I am my windshield stuck on his bumper and my foot got caught under the pipes. The only damage was the windshield has a big chunk taken out of it.Â

Â

·
Registered
1,918 Posts

I put what i thought was a small glock key chain on my key now i have a circle in my paint not sure what i want to do yet

·
Registered
1,046 Posts

One time I heard about a guy who's bike fell off the stand, but I don't know if it was true or not. :dontknow:Â

:joke:

G

·

After waiting for what seemed like forever at a down hill stop sign, I saw an opening and punched it making a left. When I hit second I was still leaned over and still gunning it. Rear went to the right,WAY to the right, butt puckered up and I thought for sure I was going over. Guardian Angel straightened me out, pulled over, checked my shorts and took back off.

·
Registered
679 Posts

Used goof-off on the plastic to take off the back Suzuki sticker. After I burned through the paint, I tried to touch it up with the suzuki touch up paint. It still shows and it drives me nuts. Trying to think of a cool sticker to cover up the touch up paint, any ideas?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts

Joshua_109 said:
One time I heard about a guy who's bike fell off the stand, but I don't know if it was true or not. :dontknow:

:joke:
Seems like I read about this somewhere. Maybe it was on another 109 forum.... :dontknow:

·
Registered
728 Posts

i like my 109 said:
I sucked a Brawny paper towel into my engine :eek:
Did that on REDHED's turbo busa, shredded it like a paper shredder. :D

·
Registered
263 Posts

Only done 700km already Killed a dead possum, about the size of ya run of the mill house hold cat. One of those days when you swerve to miss something and hit it dead center. But the bike handled it really well, just a slight vibration a thud! followed by another thud! :redfaced:
Ow! and the petrol cap scenario, the key doesn't lock into the cap when taken off the tank and falls on the ground don't remember reading that tread! :redfaced:

·
Registered
350 Posts

i like my 109 said:
I sucked a Brawny paper towel into my engine :eek:
I did that once on one of my Uncle Sam's Pratt and Whitney J57 engines. Only it was a cloth grease rag. Sucked it right out of my hand and never saw it again. :eek:

·
Registered
532 Posts

Black Shadow said:
Ow! and the petrol cap scenario, the key doesn't lock into the cap when taken off the tank and falls on the ground don't remember reading that tread! :redfaced:
Really? My key stays in the gas cap just fine. I made sure it did, because I had that happen right after I bought my last bike. Only it didn't just fall on the ground, it hit the tank first. :swear:

·
Registered
413 Posts

I was doing one of my night runs out at Lake Mead, it can be a neat ride esp. if there's a full moon. In the summer it's a little busier, though, and this time I saw some headlights coming at me a little closer than I thought they should have been, it's just a two lane road except for the occassional turn lane. Some idiot in a cage had crossed over at the turn lane and was approaching in MY LANE! If I'd been riding the line I'd have been street pizza! Needless to say I have cut way back on Lake Mead night runs!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts

i like my 109 said:
I sucked a Brawny paper towel into my engine :eek:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
No sh*t??? How'd you manage to do that? :dontknow:
Did you get it out? :confused:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts

whiteout said:
I did that once on one of my Uncle Sam's Pratt and Whitney J57 engines. Only it was a cloth grease rag. Sucked it right out of my hand and never saw it again. :eek:
OK, you're cleared for takeoff!!! :redfaced: :redfaced: :duck:
:a20:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts