M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys are any of you running into problem uploading pic i keep getting i need to down size the manualy i dont have a clue how to do that:dontknow: and ya im a idot at this computer stuf!!!:joke:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
hey guys are any of you running into problem uploading pic i keep getting i need to down size the manualy i dont have a clue how to do that:dontknow: and ya im a idot at this computer stuf!!!:joke:
Does your computer have the "Paint" program? If it does, you can use that to downsize your pics. I used it on mine and it works great! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
it appears that the size limit of the files you can upload have been reduced. i had a few pictures that i was swapping back and forth in my avatar and i know for a fact that they were appropriate in size, however, after the switch to a different server i can no longer use them. i used the "paint" program to resize them down a bit and now i can use them again.

if your computer has Windows Photo Gallery:
1) Simply open up your picture with that program
2) Click on "Open" on top right portion of the toolbar
3) Then when the drop down tab opens up, click on "Paint"
4) Once in Paint, simply click on "Image" and then on "Resize/Skew"

You will see an option to "resize" your file (the upper half) and you will be able to choose the percentage of the file you want reduced. I usually go with 60% percent for both options and it works fine. However all files are different so you might have to play around with it a couple of time before you find the right size that the site will allow you to upload.

Here is a small tip. What I also like to do first before resizing a picture, is crop out all of the unnecessary stuff in the photo. That way I am still getting a good picture of what I want to show people without sacrificing clarity. I hope that helps you out. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,149 Posts
I think some of the settings got changed when the server was switched the other night. I noticed some of the pictures that are uploaded to here are now showing as links instead of thumbnails, but not all of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts