M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few events,I've never figured out the point of a burn out pit! You can take your grandma's VW and put the front bumper against a tree,and smoke the tires. All I can come up with is: 1 your bike won't burn the tire,unless you are up off it,and have the front wheel against a wall, 2 you are afraid you will dump the bike, 3 You tried it before,and dumped the bike and ended up on your arse, 4 Your uncle owns a tire shop,and you get tires for free, 5 your addicted to the smell of burning rubber! :dontknow:

G

·
I believe at events they started doing it for safety reasons. People were getting hurt. Lamont posted just a few weeks ago where a freind of his was practicing and his bike got away from him and it went over on top of him and crushed him. Some of the pits they tie the bike down so it can't get away from people. I enjoy watching someone else burning a tire, but you won't see me doing it. Can't afford it. :p

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I'm dying to try one myself, but I'm not to keen on buying a new tire right now, and I am a little concerned about loosing control of the bike during the process.
I would try it, if there was a pit that made sure it wouldn't get away from me. I figure this would give you the process and technique, then I could lkely swing it without the pit another time.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sure looks allot more impressive,when the bike is moving and the rear tire is lit up! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Bruno said:
Lamont posted just a few weeks ago where a freind of his was practicing and his bike got away from him and it went over on top of him and crushed him.
There's a difference between a simple burnout... and a rolling burnout at 75mph. Lamont's friend was riding a several hundred HP Boss Hoss and was doing a rolling burnout when he lost control.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts