M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read mixed reviews, but never really found the official HP/Torq rating on the M109R? I've read 127 hp and 118 Torq. Then I read somewhere around 115 HP etc....

·
Registered
752 Posts
Official HP measured at the crank released to the magazines is 127hp and 118 Lb Ft. That ia also how the measure any car you would see, at the crank.

That is also with the stock airbox.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
L-Train said:
Official HP measured at the crank released to the magazines is 127hp and 118 Lb Ft. That ia also how the measure any car you would see, at the crank.

That is also with the stock airbox.
Thanks!

I'm waiting to see what aftermarket air-kits and pipes come out.
Since this is my first FI system on a bike. After I install pipes and air-kits, I need to re-program the 'puter? I guess they call it a custom mapping?

·
Registered
936 Posts
you should use the kiss method with your aftermarket mods, with only pipes and air box mod the fi2000r will do just fine. i have it and the bike runs real strong. i guarantee it will out run the v-rod and the warrior. with some minor modifications it is the fastest v-twin on the road. not sure about the 1200 bmw i read some were it had a 160 rwh power. and at the same time keep in mind that this bike is the heaviest.

·
Registered
752 Posts
The BMW is rated at 163 at the crank and according to motorcyclist will take a good 600 in the quarter.

It's not a cruiser though and it's an inline 4.

·
Registered
936 Posts
ok i, for some reason thought it was a v-twin. does'nt matter its an ugly bike. but when i see one on the road i'll leave his ass alone.

·
Registered
752 Posts
It's pretty cool. weighs 550 wet and has shaft drive. I almost bought one. They are kinda ugly in a terminator 2 rise of the machines sort of way.

·
Registered
936 Posts
if i where going to buy a aniline 4 believe me it wouldn't be the beamer, it would be the zx14 Kawasaki ninja or the 1300 busa. you know with a four into one header there is no better sound.

·
Registered
936 Posts
could you imagine pulling the trigger on that bike after popping the clutch at say about 10,000 rpm. i would soil my britches

·
Registered
752 Posts
I used to own a 220 RWHP Blackbird. Right before the Busa came out and everything changed. It was running 0-100 in 3.6. Felt like getting kicked in the junk.

I miss that bike.
Took it on a 6600 mile trip through the US and Canada and Mexico. It was great for touring too.

·
Registered
936 Posts
thats what makes this bike perfect for me, has a little speed and comfortable to ride. aren't you here some where mo. city?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Nope Utah.

Took a 200 miler today and my butt fell asleep. Doing a 600 miler on Thursday and another on Saturday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts