M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please forgive me if this has been brought up before but here it is.
I am a new prowed owner of a 2008 Grey M109R.
I have done several searches on the look of the lowering bones for the M190R.
In all that I have come across, they are all different in hight. I have seen 2" look like 3" and so on. I do understand that if i set my shock stiffer the hight will varry somewhat.
I have just placed an order for the 2.75" bones from DLP. I do and will plan on riding 2-up on it and wanted to know how it will sit when I have it set all the way to 7 on the shock? I know that I will have to also cut the screws for clearance for shure. Does anyone have a pic or have seen one with a 2.75" drop with the shock set to the 7? I know its going to be low and thats what I want just not shure exactly what it will look like and am getting a little nervous if its way too low for me. Any and all advise and help will be apreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for your input guys. :bigthumbsup:
I know that I can exchange them which is cool, just was fishing to see if
anyone had a pic (worth a thousand words).
I am getting maried in two week so I couldn't afford the adjustable one though I would have loved too. I am happy she:cop: let me get a bike!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the congrats.
I dont want to really set it to 7 but I figured if it was very low with the 2.75 then I would have to put it up to 7 so that I wont bottom out when 2up and softer when solo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JohnnyGee,
Your drop is sick!! Thats the look I want!
I just couldnt tell how low it looked from the sides. Is the rim even with the rail mounts or is it tuked?

Thanks wayne109, no sweat!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SEE!! What the :edit: is that about...LOL
Thats my whole reasoning of why I started this thread.
I dont get how so many of the same drops come out sooo differnt than others. :dontknow:
I think for the most part peaple have used the ones from DLP no?
If so then maybe they get their shipments mixed up?
I guess only time will tell, I will see what mine come out like and take pics for you guys. I will measure from the floor to the fender to see how many inches it really drops.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,436 Posts
:welcome: and :congrats: on the upcoming wedding. :D

The pics in my sig show mine with 2" bones, the same ones that are on Mary's yellow bike above. My chrome rear fender strut is even with the top of the rim with the shock set on 4. And even with the 2" bones it has still bottomed a couple times with my wife and I both on and a combined weight of about 350 pounds.

I swapped it out to an air ride, not because I didn't like the bones but I wanted more clearance for cornering. The only problem with the air ride is you have to run it a little higher than the bones to get a decent ride out of it, because you're limiting the travel if you lower it. Bones don't change the travel, they just change where it is used.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BAKER,
That looks great! :bigthumbsup:white is my fav color. It is very low, I would also say thats a 2.75" drop.
When you ride 2-up does it bottom out?

·
Registered
269 Posts
BAKER,
That looks great! :bigthumbsup:white is my fav color. It is very low, I would also say thats a 2.75" drop.
When you ride 2-up does it bottom out?
Thanks for the props! I don't usually ride two up but as long as the roads are reasonable and their isn't a lot of bouncing, it rides fine. But one good bump can slice the tire. I haven't ground off the screws under the fender either. That might make a difference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.