M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
parked under a tree today at work on the way home i noticed tree sap all over the bike any ideas on the best way to get it off. and yes i know i should have knew better!!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
WD40, just make sure the paint is clean/dust free before you rub anything on it. WD40 will take off the wax but will not hurt the paint and is excellant to remove tar too.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Remember, the longer you keep it on your bike, the harder it will be to remove!

I had the same problem when I first bought my bike. I parked it under a tree, bad move. :confused: I later tried parking it in my driveway & away from the tree, NO DICE! I still had tree sap to remove.

FOr those of you who dont know what this is, Its little droplets of semi clear resin which really sticks to everything on a 109!!!! :verymad: :doorag:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Detailing clay is probably the best all around foreign matter remover from paint. It removes everything and leaves the finish fresh for wax. You must keep the clay lubricated with a detail mist. I have used the clay for years, its definitely worth it! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
216 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
nice thing about this sap is, in 3or4 million years ,when the scientists find this stuff burried in some hole, they'll be able to recreate the m109 dna and the fun will start all over again :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super: :super: :super:
OMG.... ::) :clap2:

G

·
I have heard isopropyl alcohol or mineral spirits will remove tree sap and should not damage your paint. Never tried either.

Either will strip off your wax.

Rob

·
Registered
414 Posts
erdy 109 said:
parked under a tree today at work on the way home i noticed tree sap all over the bike any ideas on the best way to get it off. and yes i know i should have knew better!!
Ok I'm sorry in advance...Just ask him to get off your bike....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts