M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think is the best oil and filter for our "Sport Cruisers"?

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
What do you think is the best oil and filter for our "Sport Cruisers"?
You know that thing called the owners Manual? better off reading that and using what they suggest .

opions are like Arseholes here everyone has one lol especially when it comes to Oil.

cheers scott

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dasani is by far the best. There are numerous discussions on this topic. Search the forums and you will see everyones opinions.

And for the oil filter... A bypass system is required for the m109r. the bike will blow up if you use just 1 oil filter.

Seriously though, just make sure you use a 10w-40 that meets the requirements in the suzuki manual. Suzuki oil filter does just fine. Change per manuals recommended intervals and you are good to go.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
You could use peanut oil but the Elephant's don't like it toooo much!! :joke:

Like it was said before (over and over) any 10w40 MC oil for wet clutch should do just fine....

Don't forget the 15 and 3 for checking levels too.....;)

Don

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dasani is by far the best. There are numerous discussions on this topic. Search the forums and you will see everyones opinions.

And for the oil filter... A bypass system is required for the m109r. the bike will blow up if you use just 1 oil filter.

Seriously though, just make sure you use a 10w-40 that meets the requirements in the suzuki manual. Suzuki oil filter does just fine. Change per manuals recommended intervals and you are good to go.
thanks i diddent know that!!!

·
Radio Active Member
27,683 Posts
:bdh::bdh::bdh:

You will get a lot of opinions on this. It has been debated since motor oil has been in use.

I use the O.E. filter with Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 (aka, MX4T)

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Ohhh boy... :pop::pop::pop::pop:

Wonder How long till Oil Doc pops in? :D
LOL, C'mon JUtah Oil Doc is a really great guy, plus he and I have shared quite a bit of good information about oil and their additives.

Be that as it may, I use and would recomend either 10w-40 or 20w-50 AMSoil motorcycle synthetic oil with either an OEM Suzuki or AMSoil Micronic brand oil filter.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
LOL, C'mon JUtah Oil Doc is a really great guy, plus he and I have shared quite a bit of good information about oil and their additives.

Be that as it may, I use and would recomend either 10w-40 or 20w-50 AMSoil motorcycle synthetic oil with either an OEM Suzuki or AMSoil Micronic brand oil filter.
I have nothing at all against Oil Doc... I too think he is a great guy, and I have bought / run 2 cases of Amsoil... (I don't anymore because my M109 burns it, and doesn't the mobile 1)

But you gotta admit, anytime an oil post shows up he is pretty quick on the scene...

:D

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I have nothing at all against Oil Doc... I too think he is a great guy, and I have bought / run 2 cases of Amsoil... (I don't anymore because my M109 burns it, and doesn't the mobile 1)

But you gotta admit, anytime an oil post shows up he is pretty quick on the scene...

:D
Most definitely buddy! :bigthumbsup: Take care, ride safe.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts