M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so I have always wondered why that thing is only good for mounting side license plate brackets, and off course just to look at. I understand if it is removed, there are no leaks. So WTF?

Was that supposed to be used by Suzuki down the road? I see on the M50 it looks like a locator/reinforcement of some sort. It's in the same sort of location.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/auto123/4792258816/

Same here if we had torque issues??

Hey, and while you're at it, look at some of the other pics. The 2010 M50 looks like a baby 109!

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
More than one model Suzuki uses that hub, and some of those bikes have a shock that mounts there. I personally like the "soft tail" look the 109 has with the hidden shock.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Ah, ic. Maybe I'll put a flower pot on a tray there. Thought maybe we needed it. :D
Be sure to post a picture of that mod, I am quite sure it will be the most popular mod for the M109R ever.:bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Ah, ic. Maybe I'll put a flower pot on a tray there. Thought maybe we needed it. :D
I will try that. Will put a banzai tree in it,,,,,

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Do not mess with the phantom shock bolt.

It is very important to your bike's safe operation.

If you do not torque it back in to the precise specs, you are going to kill yourself.

It is almost as important as your exhaust bearings.

Don't even get me started on stories of people who did not service their exhaust bearings.

:evil:;):joke:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,078 Posts
Do not mess with the phantom shock bolt.

It is very important to your bike's safe operation.

If you do not torque it back in to the precise specs, you are going to kill yourself.

It is almost as important as your exhaust bearings.

Don't even get me started on stories of people who did not service their exhaust bearings.

:evil:;):joke:
I replaced my exhaust bearings with oil impregnated bronze bushings, and get much better service out of them. Plus it was getting hard to find synthetic exhaust bearing grease. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad you jumped in on that one Bigpappa. Some one should make a list and post it, of all the dangers involved in owning a 9. If it weren't for this board I would still be driving with street air in my tires, thanks to dlp I found the high speed canned air and have noticed a 10 mph increase in top end. Thanks dlp........and the board!
I heard helium filled tires are great for saving some weight on these bikes.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Glad you jumped in on that one Bigpappa. Some one should make a list and post it, of all the dangers involved in owning a 9. If it weren't for this board I would still be driving with street air in my tires, thanks to dlp I found the high speed canned air and have noticed a 10 mph increase in top end. Thanks dlp........and the board!
:bigthumbsup::pop::doh:

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Exhaust Grease, Helium filled tires & the high spped air can be easily found at RIS!!!!:joke::joke:

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I do my best to ensure that all the lubricants that I purchase for my 9 come from the same manufacturer, however, while I use Valvoline Motor Oil and Valvoline Final Gear drive oil, can anyone point to where I can purchase Valvoline Blinker Fluid? Most of my local automotive/motorcycle shops do not carry it in main part because they claim it is expensive and not cost efficient--but my question is, should I have a say so on the type of products that I should be able to get from my local distributor as a customer?:dontknow:

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
You learn something new. I thought air was air. Just ordered a case of the canned air and will report back. Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Eat some beans, and then tell me that air is just air.:D
Hook a hose to your azz and filler up.
Fastest air there is.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts