M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finally cracking the wallet open and buying some toys before my overnight trip to the 109 BBQ. Please see the list below and let me know what I am missing and that I should REALLY HAVE on a longer trip.

I know, I know, I really need the JR exhaust, intake, PCIII and nitrous with a [email protected]$$ map to go with it but I have no skills for the exhaust. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Already bought, not yet installed

Handlebar bag + Flat kit

GPS Memory & software
GPS Mount
Bungee buttons
Mirror Extensions
Service Manual
Full cut Carbon Gel seat

Stuff needed for trip and planning to buy (recommendations accepted!!)

***RAINSUIT!!!!! (don't even recommend if Omar the Tent maker did not make it, I am not small)

***TANK BAG, Joe Rocket Manta?

***Front marker lights!!!! (one is broken) many choices on Directline, cant decide

*** Upgrade headlight //On Directline

***M109 Shirt!! The link is here, you know the one.

***OIL & Filter*** //Working with Oil Doc

Stuff wanted for trip but not REALLY needed.

***License Plate bracket // Directline

$$70.00 for cheap big air kit??? //Wish I had JR's part #'s

**?? Drill for the pipes??

*** Check for Old Skidoo saddlebags** (Sled from Sledzep come from my snowmobile days)
if not buy some

ISO grips //Directline

Sledzep

·
Registered
443 Posts
The most important thing you can do is to get in a bunch of riding, preferably long rides. That way you can get the most important thing you didn't mention ready for the long ride, YOUR A$$. :D :joke: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
890 Posts
A good nights sleep! Ride safe and enjoy. If you get most of the stuff you have listed you'll have more stuff than you NEED!

Have a blast!
:doorag: :bigthumbsup:
Devilish

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just bought those Tourmaster Slant Nylon bags size large for $90 shipped. They look great on the bike and have a decent amount of room. Check them out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
How much stuff are you taking - change of clothes and all? Might want to consider a Givi or similar bag from DL, too. The one I got - same as Hal posted on - holds 2+ days of cloths, tools, and misc. stuff. Worked great for me. :bigthumbsup:

Oh - and a couple of bungees or a bungee net to secure things over the bag (or rear seat if you don't have a bag).

BTW - I don't think a GPS is really *needed* for a trip... ;)

J

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HalGreenlee said:
In air refueling so you don't have to stop.
Then I will definately need the JR mods so Ican reach the correct altitude....

Sledzep

jcopley said:
How much stuff are you taking - change of clothes and all? Might want to consider a Givi or similar bag from DL, too. The one I got - same as Hal posted on - holds 2+ days of cloths, tools, and misc. stuff. Worked great for me. :bigthumbsup:

Oh - and a couple of bungees or a bungee net to secure things over the bag (or rear seat if you don't have a bag).

BTW - I don't think a GPS is really *needed* for a trip... ;)

J

We are only staying one night. I am considering either a bag like the Givi, or the tourmaster saddlebags.
If I still have my Skidoo saddle bags I may try to make them work for now.

I already own the GPS so the mount was nothing really

Sledzep

·
Registered
721 Posts
LeeDowney said:
I just bought those Tourmaster Slant Nylon bags size large for $90 shipped. They look great on the bike and have a decent amount of room. Check them out.
Cruiser II Slant bags??
Pic please ??
And where did you get them from ?

·
Registered
195 Posts
G

·
OMG! One night! All you need is a tshirt and socks! Plus your tire kit. Put them in your tool bag and ride. I am staying for five nights and will get it all in a small backpack. Put your bulky clothes in ziplock backs and push out the air and then seal the bag. Keeps them small and dry.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Overnight stay? Small backpack or bag.

Multiple Days? Trailer that shyt...

I found that on long rides (500+ miles), having a backpack can increase your fatigue. I hate having a bag sitting on the passenger seat too. I like Lamonts trailer hook-up. Throw all that crap into the trailer and drive on. Sure it will add weight to the bike but at least you can carry a case of ice cold beer with you too for those occational pit stops.. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Sled,

When you get iot all loaded up take a picture and send it to us. DOnt forget to take your camera and take plenty of pics for all to enjoy here! :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have a medium size tank bag with map pocket that holds flashlight, socks, drawers, shaving gear and vodka. :D Credit card takes care of anything else. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Surefire Flash Light with 2 extra batteries.

Bass Pro 100 MPH Rain Gear, with pants or bibs, Made in man size.

Leather Chaps

Leather Coat

Wool Socks

16 inch Leather Gloves, waterproof treated.

Cortech Saddle Bags

Oversized ZipLock Bags for clothes and gear, camera, cell phone

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
raw_taz said:
Surefire Flash Light with 2 extra batteries.

Bass Pro 100 MPH Rain Gear, with pants or bibs, Made in man size.

Leather Chaps

Leather Coat

Wool Socks

16 inch Leather Gloves, waterproof treated.

Cortech Saddle Bags

Oversized ZipLock Bags for clothes and gear, camera, cell phone
Taz, tell me more about this rain gear. I seriously need some in MAN SIZE

Sledzep

·
Registered
721 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts