M109 Riders banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I really like that. Where did you mount the ghost light at? Did you have to make a spot for it?
Hello BigBlue9,

I mounted the ghost light on the Skid plate, there was already a hole in the center of the plate that was a perfect fit for the light. Then I connected it to one of my existing led light connectors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What up Everybody,

For some of us, it's time to start working on those Winter Mods.
I wanted to see what's on everyone's Mod list.

Here's mine

1. BCS ECU Tune
  2. Install M109 Ghost lights
  3. Corbin Seat
  4. Altas Throttle Lock
  5. Sena PowerPro Mount
  6. Mo-Door garage door opener (maybe)
1. Sumo X Longshot front fender
2. Motor mounts
3. Stainless steel brake lines......possibly
4. Coolant flush.
5. Color change LED light system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Downunder rear brake kit
All brake lines changed to braided stainless steel
All brake pads
Wave rotors front and rear
Spark plugs
Fuel filter
Rad flush
LED accent lighting
Some cosmetic powdercoating
Airbox delete mod
Have you installed the stainless steel brake lines yet? If so, how much trouble did the rear brake line give you?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Have you installed the stainless steel brake lines yet? If so, how much trouble did the rear brake line give you?
I have installed the downunder and brake lines, no real issues. I have not yet reinstalled the wheels and exhaust as I've been busy. I had to grind down the side of the metal part to fit inside the notch on the inside of the swingarm, also not a bit deal. I like this kit as compared to the other one because the top of the swingarm is clean with nothing attached to it. I just plugged the remaining bolt holes with a plug and a black flat screw. I'll get pics up when I'm done.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Winter mods.... jeeze I haven't even put thought into it, been too busy trying to build a garage to do my winter mods in

Although i am planning to buy the bassani exhaust since the Turna dumps were brutal on my ears this passed season lol

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
It's looking GREAT so far Chrispy. I bet its going to be extremely nice once you're finished. Every Stallion (M109R) deserves to have a great Stable for rest, relaxation, replenishment, rejuvenation, and repair if/whenever necessary.

GREAT JOB!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
It's looking GREAT so far Chrispy. I bet its going to be extremely nice once you're finished. Every Stallion (M109R) deserves to have a great Stable for rest, relaxation, replenishment, rejuvenation, and repair if/whenever necessary.

GREAT JOB!!!
Thank you! It's 24'x30' with 12' walls, the garage doors are 10' wide, 9' tall, it should be an incredibly functional garage, but we just got dumped on with snow this passed week so hoping that won't stop me from getting a roof on it this weekend lol

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Thank you! It's 24'x30' with 12' walls, the garage doors are 10' wide, 9' tall, it should be an incredibly functional garage, but we just got dumped on with snow this passed week so hoping that won't stop me from getting a roof on it this weekend lol
Oh wow Bro. That sounds really awesome. Good luck with the build going forward. I hope the weather is kind to you, and allows you to move forward with your garage/shop project as you would like.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
36 Posts

GREAT JOB!!!
Thank you! It's 24'x30' with 12' walls, the garage
doors are 10' wide, 9' tall, it should be an incredibly functional garage, but we just got dumped on with snow this passed week so hoping that won't stop me from getting a roof on it this weekend lol
It will great when it's done. Walls are tall enough for a lift . I built a rack for my car lift to put the bike on it. Makes tires and oil change alot easier

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
That looks SWEET Keith. On the surface they look similar to a couple of other products out there...specifically the original Raw Design Cycles original Front Turn Signal Array, from many years ago. However, I know you're doing/have done something unique with yours. I love the distinctive gap between the two strips of lighting. Are you wiring them up as running lights as well, or are you going to wire them up as turn signals and four way flahser/hazard lights only? Personally, I like to run mine as turn signals and four way flashers/hazards only.

Great Job Bro!!!

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
That looks SWEET Keith. On the surface they look similar to a couple of other products out there...specifically the original Raw Design Cycles original Front Turn Signal Array, from many years ago. However, I know you're doing/have done something unique with yours. I love the distinctive gap between the two strips of lighting. Are you wiring them up as running lights as well, or are you going to wire them up as turn signals and four way flahser/hazard lights only? Personally, I like to run mine as turn signals and four way flashers/hazards only.

Great Job Bro!!!
Thanks Bobby, I think I'm going just signal and 4 way flashers. That way you won't even notice they are there unless they are turned on. When the signal is turned on it will make it real noticeable as they are very bright.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Thanks Bobby, I think I'm going just signal and 4 way flashers. That way you won't even notice they are there unless they are turned on. When the signal is turned on it will make it real noticeable as they are very bright.
That's exactly the same reasoning and rationale I have behind wanting mine wired up that way Keith. I have it like that on my two other 9s, and my Honda Rune, and I think it does peak the attention of other vehicle operators out there on the roadways, when they suddenly see those Front Turn Signals light up and flash, seemingly out of nowhere. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
319 Posts
It will great when it's done. Walls are tall enough for a lift . I built a rack for my car lift to put the bike on it. Makes tires and oil change alot easier
That’s exactly the reason for the height of the walls, so I can install a lift later on lol I like working on my own vehicles and I also have a Can-Am Maverick that tends to be needy at times, so a lift would be a huge bonus

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Chrispy, is that a late 80s/early 90s model Mustang GT you have parked in your new garage/shop? I had one of those, back in the early 90s, while I was stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. I loved that car to pieces. Unfortunately, some hoodlums stole it from the parking lot of a Bowling Alley, while my wife and I were inside bowling.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Chrispy, is that a late 80s/early 90s model Mustang GT you have parked in your new garage/shop? I had one of those, back in the early 90s, while I was stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. I loved that car to pieces. Unfortunately, some hoodlums stole it from the parking lot of a Bowling Alley, while my wife and I were inside bowling.
You are correct! 89’ Mustang, I traded my 09’ M109 for it back in October.... the mustang needs transmission work though, the T5 is in bad shape but the rest of the car is excellent shape! It recently under went a lot of body work to get rid of any rust, the person who did the work sent me a pile of pictures of the build

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Wow, she looks to be in top-notch condition. IF I were able to get my hands on one that was in excellent condition, I think I'd be very inclined to jumping on that opportunity. I loved everything aboutr that car. Plus, there's a ton of performance modifications/upgrades out there for that car.

What did you mean by T5? I'm unfamiliar with that term. Moreover, for some reason your pics are not visible. I don't know why they're not showing. Can you resend them, or try to fix the ones you sent?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Wow, she looks to be in top-notch condition. IF I were able to get my hands on one that was in excellent condition, I think I'd be very inclined to jumping on that opportunity. I loved everything aboutr that car. Plus, there's a ton of performance modifications/upgrades out there for that car.

What did you mean by T5? I'm unfamiliar with that term. Moreover, for some reason your pics are not visible. I don't know why they're not showing. Can you resend them, or try to fix the ones you sent?
T5 is the code for the 5 speed transmission thats in it

I uploaded my pics through the tapatalk app, I wonder if with the forum update if my pics don’t show up the same as before

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
T5 is the code for the 5 speed transmission thats in it

I uploaded my pics through the tapatalk app, I wonder if with the forum update if my pics don’t show up the same as before
There may be an issue with loading pics from Tapatalk, now that the new system is in place. If the Admin/Moderators see this, maybe they'll look into that, or respond with how we are now to go about loading up pics via Tapatalk.

Nevertheless, your Mustang GT is SWEET Bro. :D:D:D(y)(y)(y)🏆(y)(y)(y):D:D:D Those pics bring back fond and fun memories and experiences I had with mine.

·
Registered
319 Posts
There may be an issue with loading pics from Tapatalk, now that the new system is in place. If the Admin/Moderators see this, maybe they'll look into that, or respond with how we are now to go about loading up pics via Tapatalk.

Nevertheless, your Mustang GT is SWEET Bro. :D:D:D(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y):D:D:D Those pics bring back fond and fun memories and experiences I had with mine.
Thank you! But realistically I’m probably going to sell it once I put a new transmission in it, as much as I love the car, it’s not practical for me to keep as far as my goals are concerned

41 - 60 of 61 Posts