M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to what kind of shoes everyone wears on the 109. I've always prefered the comfort and feel of sneakers but after just 5 days of riding , the heels of my sha-shas are gone. Anyone know of a soft shoe with a durable sole??

·
Read Only
302 Posts
Harley "Ride" boots. They look kinda like hiking boots, but black and tougher looking.

The gear they make for Harleys is off the hook! I, of course, debadged them. :doorag:

·
Registered
572 Posts
I wear a pair of Red Wing Boots, that are a few years old... steel toed... great traction soles.... very comfortable yet very safe... I've worked many a day wearing them and never had an ankle twisted or anything else...

I've "skiied" doing around 70 with them as well, and they don't wear easily at all... had them for a few years and well broken in, and the soles are great still

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Still wearing sneakers, all the boots I have are insulated and way to hot for summer..........haven't got the extra cash for boots right now :redfaced: ..................give me a month or so :D , new helment will come first though.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Justin ropers . they are cheep , durable , comfortable , and offer protection . they also have a low heel .

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I wear these new composite toed boots from Converse: http://desert-gear.com/cotaboc8sw8c.html
They call them "Swat Boots" and they are much lighter than a steel toed boot. I also like the zipper located on the inside of the boot. Once you get the laces adjusted and tied, all you have to do is unzip the side of each boot & your out of them or into them. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Chuck

·
Registered
122 Posts
Right foot Newbalace tennis shoe. Left foot a cast from toes to knee. After a crash on my quad. Damm this sucks! Had my 109 for 3 weeks before accident. Now she sits in the garage calling for me. Doc say's 8 to 10 weeks :( :

·
Registered
131 Posts
This is what I chose for riding my 109:

Â
Daytona Shorty (Gore-Tex Version)

Â
The short boot for every occasion with excellent cost/performance ratio.

Advantages:
Material mix of Gore-Tex, leather and polyamid fabric for climatic comfort and high wearing comfort
+ Textile lining (100% polyamid)
+ Two burr adhesion fasteners to get in quick and easily
+ Soft padded shaft end
+ Anatomically formed clima insole

Safety:
• Ankle protection, both sides
• Plastic reinforced insole
• Hot-dip galvanised steel inlay
• Rubber sole with tread

• Height of shaft: ca 22 cm
• Sizes: 34 - 49
• Colour: black

It is a very light and comfortable shoe that provides safety and wearability in everyday use.
I am very happy with the look and feel. The only struggle I have is with the velcros that have a tendency to get loose because I do have such large calfs... :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Alpines stars trucker boots or my Oxtar race boots. I think the feet are just about as important as the ole noggin.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Bonehead said:
Still wearing sneakers, all the boots I have are insulated and way to hot for summer..........haven't got the extra cash for boots right now :redfaced: ..................give me a month or so :D , new helment will come first though.
What a Bonehead.......... :joke: Sorry I couldn't help myself. ;) :joke:

G

·
Leather boots, rubber soles. Most of the biker boot companies do not make boots in Sasquatch sizes so I have to wear regular boots instead of those sporty biker booties.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts