M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any idea what M109R stands for? just wondering, have a great 4th.... :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I don't know for sure but have heard somewhere, I believe on this site that the M stands for muscle/muscle bike, 109 stands for the displacement in cubic inches, R stands for the GSXR components/DNA found on this bike?? I don't know if anyone knows for sure. :dontknow: :doorag:

·
Registered
326 Posts
The "M" actually means Marauder.

"109" cubic inches.

"R" Suzuki uses the "R" in its high performance motorcycle lines such as the GSX1300R Hayabusa, and its different from the GSXR lines like the GSXR 1000, notice that the "R" does not follow the engine size in the GSXR's.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Chuck said:
I don't know for sure but have heard somewhere, I believe on this site that the M stands for muscle/muscle bike, 109 stands for the displacement in cubic inches, R stands for the GSXR components/DNA found on this bike?? I don't know if anyone knows for sure. :dontknow: :doorag:
this is correct. Suzuki designates a bike C for classic styling and M for muscle styling. I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean Marauder.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Twin00 said:
this is correct. Suzuki designates a bike C for classic styling and M for muscle styling. I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean Marauder.
I believe on Suzuki's Cruiser line you have 4 designations.

M=Muscle
C=Classic
S=Sport
T=Touring

R stands for race as on the GSX-R. But we all know that's just marketing.

·
Registered
346 Posts
So in europe I guess since they use the metric system they needed a different name. What would 109 cubic inches be in centimeters? It is kind of like the Royalle with cheese of motorcycles.

·
Registered
36 Posts
and if not mistaken the uk bikes are called marauder
Sorry-you are mistaken.

Our bikes are called M1800R Intruder

·
Registered
721 Posts
pizzmor said:
So in europe I guess since they use the metric system they needed a different name. What would 109 cubic inches be in centimeters? It is kind of like the Royalle with cheese of motorcycles.
1783 cc

Royalle with cheese !! Love that movie : )

And Jamie... Ya, I rather enjoy that avitar myself LOL : )

·
Registered
317 Posts
according to rider magazine, july issue, page 52.  S = stylish,  C = classic, and M = muscle

so M109R =  Muscle,  109 Cubic inches, Racing. 

also its not an intruder.  intruders are VS models.  we have a VZR 1800  like the maurader VZ 800 which i believe is an M50 which would be a muscle version of the C50 Volusia.  See how it all intertwines.  

·
Registered
721 Posts
109RS said:
according to rider magazine, july issue, page 52. S = stylish, C = classic, and M = muscle

so M109R = Muscle, 109 Cubic inches, Racing.Â

also its not an intruder. intruders are VS models. we have a VZR 1800 like the maurader VZ 800 which i believe is an M50 which would be a muscle version of the C50 Volusia. See how it all intertwines. Â
:clap2:Â :hot:
I'll go with that answer..... Settled  :bigthumbsup:

Edit !!!

I like these guy's : )

:hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:

·
Registered
69 Posts
The M109 is also one heck of a mobile artillery unit. But as far as the bike goes I concur displacement and R for its race components.

G

·
L-Train said:
I believe on Suzuki's Cruiser line you have 4 designations.

M=Muscle
C=Classic
S=Sport
T=Touring

R stands for race as on the GSX-R.  But we all know that's just marketing.Â

EXACTLY!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
one of the guys has it right,
M is for muscle
109 is cubic inches which converts to 1783cc
R is for racing, as the braking and much of the engineering is brought over from GSXR technology.

There is alot of literature on the bike, although alot of it repetitive, if you google m109r.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Marauder -
v. ma·raud·ed, ma·raud·ing, ma·rauds
v. intr.
To rove and raid in search of plunder.
v. tr.
To raid or pillage for spoils.

Even Better:
n : someone who attacks in search of booty :hot:

I did not make this up: