M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would a stage 1 kit be worth to you for the 109r?

1. Air Kit
                 2. Fuel processor
                 3. 2 into 1 pipe

That made 130 hp at the tire.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Re: What would you pay for 30 hp?

What it would be worth to me is unfortunately not in line with what it would cost me... ie: a divorce. :(

·
Registered
752 Posts

I would pay $1,500-$1,800 for 140 rwhp and $1,200 - $1,500 for 130 rwhp.

·
Registered
205 Posts

$1200.00 to $1500.00 sounds fair for 130 rwhp.

·
Registered
956 Posts

I thought the stock rating was 127hp. Where is the extra 30? :read:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

agree,,30 ===1200.00 to 1500.00 @ the rear tire of course.... :super: :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I am sitting at 118 rear wheel HP now. I figure its gonna take a really good exhaust, a Power Commander properly programmed, a really good flowing air box and a little head work for me to see 140rear wheel HP. So thats another $2,500. Anything less and you are just kidding yourself.

·
Registered
205 Posts

Vetgasm said:
I thought the stock rating was 127hp. Where is the extra 30? :read:
Factory numbers are rated at the crank...not the rear wheel.

·
Registered
181 Posts

HalGreenlee said:
I am sitting at 118 rear wheel HP now. I figure its gonna take a really good exhaust, a Power Commander properly programmed, a really good flowing air box and a little head work for me to see 140rear wheel HP. So thats another $2,500. Anything less and you are just kidding yourself.
Agreed. Now way is an air intake mod, pipe, and fuel management system going to net 30 horsepower. You're going to need some engine mods to get that type of power gain. Not just bolt on's.

·
Registered
84 Posts

HalGreenlee said:
I am sitting at 118 rear wheel HP now. I figure its gonna take a really good exhaust, a Power Commander properly programmed, a really good flowing air box and a little head work for me to see 140rear wheel HP. So thats another $2,500. Anything less and you are just kidding yourself.
Has anyone purchased the DynoJet PC yet?? If so, does it ship with solid pre-maps??

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

WIZARD said:
Has anyone purchased the DynoJet PC yet?? If so, does it ship with solid pre-maps??
not available. im with hal on this one.

·
Registered
898 Posts

Ok.. Let's see your thinking on numbers then since there seems to be 2 sides of this theory.

How much horsepower gain would you expect from each of the 3 mods he listed? Also you realize Hal is using 2into2 exhaust (as far as i know) Taz was speaking of a 2into1...

I would have assumed 12%-15% with all 3 mods installed and flowing good... I don't have a dyno slip so I don't remember or know completely stock rwhp... I was thinking around 110 which at 12% increase would be 123.2 rwhp and at 15% increase would be 126.5 rwhp not far from Taz's original question... I would be pretty darn happy with 125ish rwhp

So now everyone please correct my work and thinking :D

khrome

·
Registered
71 Posts

How is the math of 108 plus 30 to get to 130, I have a dyno sheet right here that shows 108.5 @ the RW with mine in PURE stock form. So 130 @ the RW would only be a 21.5 hp gain.

Now mine has the JSD TRE, Cobra FI2000 (cause Dynojet isn't shippin' yet), Cobra Dragsters and a Ultraflow Air Filter kit (due to ship to the public next week) and due to this being a points race weekend I will not be able to get back to the dyno until next week at the earliest, but these items picked it up about .45 tenths in the quarter.

Chop

1 - 20 of 26 Posts