M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Third week in June, I'm on my way to purchase an 06 burple, on the way happen to call another dealer and he says that he doesn't have any in stock now but the 07 will be in sometime in July, plus he quotes me a price a hundred dollars lower than the 06 .......hmmmm I figure what's a few weeks haven't had a bike in thirty years I can handle that and I turn around and go for the 07. July comes and goes, promised the first week in August....no bike....get a firm third week August....no bike.....now next week a blood oath promise that the bike will be in....we'll see......Told the *&^%$ if it doesn't happen next week I'm pulling the plug and licking my wounds for blowing the whole summer.....or should I ???

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just my opinion.....

No way would I do business with this kind of a dealer. If he treats you like this when you are a prospective buyer of a $12K cycle, how do you think he is going to treat you if/when you have a problem or need warranty work done on your bike. There are plenty of dealers out there who will do a lot to gain your business, and someone who makes excuse after excuse doesn't sound like one of them.

On the other hand, you could try to use this experience as a bargaining tool to try and get a better price and then just never use them for any future needs for your bike. Personally, I got a good deal on mine by playing 2 dealers off each other because there are several within 25 miles of where I live.

Best of luck with it, I can tell you one thing for certain. You will love your bike when you finally get one. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
screw that guy, find a new dealer, get you a 109 bud.

·
Registered
516 Posts
bconnally1 said:
Just my opinion.....

No way would I do business with this kind of a dealer. If he treats you like this when you are a prospective buyer of a $12K cycle, how do you think he is going to treat you if/when you have a problem or need warranty work done on your bike. There are plenty of dealers out there who will do a lot to gain your business, and someone who makes excuse after excuse doesn't sound like one of them.

:bigthumbsup:
I agree 100%

·
Registered
414 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
find what you want elsewhere, and take a week (that you would spend waiting anyhow)to go get it and drive it home!!!! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
I can only add that I would also drive it by the dealer who tried to string you along...Smile and wave...Smile and wave...

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Tell him to put a firm date in writing and if it does not show up, he will have to pay you some cash $$$ !!! in writing.

That will get his attention and see if he is really full of bull.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Tell that dealer...yah snooze, U lose..take your hard earned cash to someones who wants your business :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
664 Posts
unless the deal was spectacular i would go to someone else (sounds like a standard good deal based on this board..)

Depeniding on what type of guy you are depends on how you handle it....
If i were in your shoes I would pull my check/loan however you paid from the current dealer... tell him i am gonna go to a handle full of dealers with this same money... who ever gets me my bike first i give the check....
Thats how i did my 06 Silver.... Ended up with a bike I had shipped from Ohio to Georgia....

Pulling the finacing/check... well the money is a big deal.. he should recognize that... if he still doesn't have enough clot to be able to get you a bike faster then oh well... make someone elses day...

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I would wait for the RED 07 ;)
And get you a different DEALER :bigthumbsup:
If you work for your money like i do,you want the very best you can get for you dollar,You can already see some of the guy's asking how much for the chrome plated steel pieces , like the motor cover's etc...
Why even go threw it? Just save up till your payments are to your liking,or you have the cash!
But if your luck is like mine :( it more than likely will not improve with the stealer until you make adjustment's on you end! Like a different dealer.IMO

I have 622 miles on my BABY right now :D I take her to the dealer in the morning,for her 600 mile service :bigthumbsup:
I hope you get to share the same feeling's about your own ;) soon

·
Registered
185 Posts
I waited on my black '07 from my local dealer for almost a month before he got it in...at first I thought he was giving me the run around but I sat in his office when he was on the phone with Corp Suzuki and the warehouse in Atlanta when they promissed him he'd have an '07 black in two days time...two days passed and no 109...so I go back to him and he calls again they promise he'll have one in another week...well instead of making me wait he called all of the other local dealers within a 150 radius and found one with an '07 black 109 and got it for me...even cut me about a good deal off MSRP for the '07. So not all the time is the dealer jacking with you as it may be Corp Suzuki telling him lies. But...I think this dealer is yanking your chain...especially since he is quoting you $100 less than an '06 price as the '07s went up in price by about $200. So unless you got a high quote for the '06 I call BS on him getting you an '07 for $100 less than an '06.

G

·
Call the original dealer back and tell them you have an offer in an 07 from another sotre and to see if they can beat it iwth an in stock 07 unit...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts