M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and have recently purchased my first M109R

I have a question. I am thinking of adding a screen to the bike. I like the screen from Rifle. My questions are,
1) what are owners of this bike opinion about installing a screen.
2) which screen do you recommend.
3) what colour do you recommend for the screen. Clear, lite tint or dark tint?

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,887 Posts
I have the Rifle (in storage.)
In my opinion, its the best windscreen for protection, but one of the ugliest on the 9.
I like the National Cycle VStream, but even the touring model is a little low for protection unless you duck down a little.
I installed a windscreen extension which doesn't look great, but it gives me all of the protection I need from wind buffeting.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The dark screens look better on dark colored bikes , lighter or brighter colors look better with clear. Taller screens cause more buffeting.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have the tall VStream dark smoke . I use it only for longer highway trips . The bike in my opinion looks better without a windscreen , so , for riding around the town , going to the beach (I live in Florida , east coast ) I take it off (leave the clamps on the bike and just take the screen off . It will take only 5 minutes to put it back on the bike) and store it in the garage . The screen helps to take away the wind and bugs from my chest at high speeds . Although is not 100% efficient as other screen types like the Rifle type are , it is better looking , but in truth , it does help a good percentage and make it more comfortable , for sure . You have to wear a full face helmet to really be comfortable with the wind , of course .
This the bike with and without the windscreen so you can judge yourself if you like it or not :
As for the color , I would go with the dark smoke for a candy red bike , in my opinion .

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Where did you get the elephant ears hanging off the sides of the V-Stream?
Have not seen that before, is that something you homebrewed yourself?

BCS

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,053 Posts
Here is a light tint on red. When I got this I would have gotten clear if they had it, but all that was available back then was light or dark tint. This is from about 10 or 12 years ago as it still has the stock intakes on it and the home made exhaust on it.

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,887 Posts
I also have the light tint. I had the smoke, first, but like this much better. It does not hide the custom paint.

Reactions: Joe RC51
1 - 8 of 8 Posts