M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only had one other v twin motorcycle and that was a TL1000R all of my other bikes have been inline 4's what kind of mileage do you expect to see out of a 109 motor with good maintenance done. :bigthumbsup:
Just curious.
Thanx
Eric.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
My OWNER'S MANUAL SAY'S , CLASS III ,280 AND OVER ENGINE DISPLACEMENT,THAT USEFUL LIFE DISTANCE IS ,3000 KM, OR 18641 MILES ") WHICH EVER COMES FIRST :D
but A LOT WOULD HAVE INFLUENCE ON THIS ,SUCH AS HOW HARD YOU RIDE ,IF YA USE SYNTHETIC OIL,WHAT FILTER ECT... MY FRIEND i CALL "STUNNAMAN" HAS A YAMAHA SPORT WITH ABOUT 18 OR 20 THOUSAND ON IT AND THAT THING STILL RUNS SWEETTTTT SO YOU WOULD HAVE TO WEIGH ALL THE VARIABLES TO GET A CLOSE GUESS, AT THE BEST
AND MY FRIEND ALSO HAS TWO ZUKI'S SO YOU GUY'S DON'T GET ME ABOUT THE YAMAHA THING :D :D :D
ONE SV 650 AND A gsxr 1000 YES HE'S BIKE POOR :D BUT HE'S ALL SMILES .

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'd think you would get allot more miles than that out of a liquid cooled v-twin. 18,000 doesn't sound like allot of miles,plus Suzuki's extended warrentee is good for 5 years,and unlimited milage. They must think it will hold together a little longer than that! :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
My buddies got a HD softail w/ 50,000 miles and hasn't touched the thing. If i get any less i will be very very disapointed. :read:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
But you ask for what's considered high mileage ,not the life of the engine right :confused:
I would think now day engines should have no problem doing 50.000 milesIMO :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I really don't care how many miles are on mine. It is warranted for 4 years and I plan on taking good care of it. Ride and be happy.

:bigthumbsup:

panther06

·
Registered
422 Posts
I would have thought 100,000 miles plus.
My mate drives a Hyundai excel to work every day and that thing has 200,000kms on it.
A little 1300 lugging around a car body and two passengers...doesn't make our 1800 cc engines seem very stressed.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I'm with panther 06 +1 if you count the miles you never will totally enjoy it ,I wouldn't anyway ,just monitor them for correct service interval and RIDE :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
silentrider said:
I'm with panther 06 +1 if you count the miles you never will totally enjoy it ,I wouldn't anyway ,just monitor them for correct service interval and RIDE :bigthumbsup:
I am not monitoring the miles i am just curious..
I usually do not keep a bike no longer than 2 years anyway...

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
TWO YEARS :eek: I been wondering my self how long to keeper and when to up grade I guess it mostly depends on income 1 and 2 how much the new models have improved to make me want it :D :bigthumbsup: What is you yearly milage?
if you don't mind me ask n :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
silentrider said:
TWO YEARS :eek: I been wondering my self how long to keeper and when to up grade I guess it mostly depends on income 1 and 2 how much the new models have improved to make me want it :D :bigthumbsup: What is you yearly milage?
if you don't mind me ask n :)
I put around 6,000 a year on a bike and i do not own the same model twice. :D :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
You Da Man :D this will be the first bike that i put any amount of miles on,Mostly due to the fact it makes me want to goooo just get on it no were in mind to go,less traffic the better ;) Just get on and try to shift as smooth as possible kind of like a game to me :) Love this bike :D :D :D :bigthumbsup:

G

·
crazytank7 said:
I have only had one other v twin motorcycle and that was a TL1000R all of my other bikes have been inline 4's what kind of mileage do you expect to see out of a 109 motor with good maintenance done. :bigthumbsup:
Just curious.
Thanx
Eric.
if you didn't flog it every other day and took care of her, I'm gonna say 70k without the first worry

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lamonster said:
I think Hal got that this month. ;)
I only put about 5K last month. :redfaced: ;)
I am also 29 and not retired....So it would be very hard for me to put that kinda miles on a bike.. :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well my other bike is a Kawasaki Concours (GTR 1000 to your European guys) and I know of several guys on the Concours.org site who have well over 150,000 miles on their bikes and the they are still going strong. Just keep the oil changed and do the valves and you should have no problem making it into the 100,000 mile range on any water cooled bike. The water cooled bikes last a lot longer than air cooled bikes. The problem is most riders never keep their bikes for much over 50,000 miles as they move on to newer models. I already have over 35,000 miles on my '01 Cocnours and had 36,000 miles on my BMW I traded on my new 109 and before that I had a '95 Concours that I put 60,000 miles on..traded in on the '01 Concours because I liked the new '01 color. :D I have a friend who is in his late 60's who has just rolled over 120,000 miles on his '01 BMW K1200LT...just wish I was retired like him and could put more miles on my bikes...but I guess I should just be content to ride them to work daily and then on longer weekend rides.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I got 25k on my 02 VTX 1800 and see no sign of being even close to any kind of major maintence!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts