M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10/40 OR 20/50 SYNTHETIC I need to place my order and im not to sure which one to go with i usually go with amsoil 10/40 but iv'e seen alot of people using the 20/50. And i only ride in the warm weather maybe my bike might see a 50 or 60 degree day but not to often. Thanks

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
:pop:

I use 10 40 Castrol year round.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
10/40 OR 20/50 SYNTHETIC I need to place my order and im not to sure which one to go with i usually go with amsoil 10/40 but iv'e seen alot of people using the 20/50. And i only ride in the warm weather maybe my bike might see a 50 or 60 degree day but not to often. Thanks
Oil is always a topic that seems to stir chit up around here. I have used Mobil1 for motorcycles 20w 50w for 3 years now and I find it to be best for me. Shifts great and seems to quiet it down quite a bit. You will have absolutely no problems running 20w 50w year round. It only become an issue if you're running in super cold weather. I think you're good to go right on down to 20 degrees. Pick which ever brand oil you like and rest assured that there are many of us here running 20w 50 with great results and no problems.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I spoke with my AMSOIL dealer and he told me its best to stick with whatever the manuel says but thats what their all gonna say ya know i guess its personal preference at this point and either one is not gonna hurt.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Actually in the service manual it list 20w50 as a recommended oil. Also list 15w40, 10w40, and 10w30. All depends on temperature. I does say that 10w40 is the main recommended oil though. I think it is more a personal preference. I am gonna use 20w50 just because everyone one here says its the best for the bike from there experience.

I spoke with my AMSOIL dealer and he told me its best to stick with whatever the manuel says but thats what their all gonna say ya know i guess its personal preference at this point and either one is not gonna hurt.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,870 Posts
Mobil 1 20w-50 most of the time now, Amsoil 10w-40 for two years before that. I'd like to try the Amsoil 20w-50 and see if it does as good of a job improving the shifting as the Mobil 1 does.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts