M109 Rider Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hondabrite works very well... when i run out i use Meguirs quick wax and their quick detail, gives it a good shine and the detail cleans well... a microfiber cloth moist with it is good for bugs after a ride :evil:

·
Registered
6 Posts
hello every one iam new to the site just ordered a silver m109 it be here in 2 wks but anyway i also have a harley and for the chrome i found that a spray chrome wax called s100 works great on chrome .....

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Bear with me - this is a long but informative post.

I was a big proponent of Meguiar's NXT Paste - still like it but I did some research.

Consumer Reports actually did it, and I'm sharing it...

First things first.

Liquid = Good Cleaning, gloss, and durability. Most difficult to apply and buff out
Paste = Easiest to apply, not as good as liquids with performance
Spray = Good for New finishes, convenient, not good for cleaning, the worst durability.

More expensive does not mean better!

Best performances with scores

Liquid

Black Magic Wet Shine and Turtle Wax Canauba T6 = 84 $0.44/oz
These are the recommended choices; First is better for Scratches and the second is easier to use - both are excellent on plastic! (as is Eagle One)
Eagle One NanoWax = 75 $0.75/oz
3M Perfect It = 73 $0.69/oz
Dupont Teflon Ultra Wax = 71 $0.50/oz

Paste

Nu Finish NFP 80 = 71 $0.57/oz (note the Nu Finish Liquid NF-76 scored 68)
Turtle Wax Platinum T411-R = 67 $0.69/oz
P21S Concours Look Carnouba Wax = 61 $5.16/oz !!!!!

Sprays
Eagle One Wax as u dry = 54 $0.33/oz
Turtle Wax 1 Step Wax & Dry T-9 = 44 $0.23 / oz

FYI - the NXT paste rates = 50 and is a whopping $1.36 per ounce.

Hope that hepls everyone... based on the report I'm going with any of the first three Liquids or either of the listed Sprays from now on - looks to be the best results for our bikes. :bigthumbsup:

(I recommend people read the July 2006 Consumer Reports - they tested 28 products

·
Registered
231 Posts
(had to go riding so I didn't finish this post yesterday... ;) )

Weathered Finish - Black Magic or Turtle Wax (#'s 1 and 2 on the list)

Lots of Plastic *cough M109R cough* Eagle One Spray - (good shine but doesn't clean or last as long)

New Finish - Turtle Wax Spray -

I'm going to get the Black Magic and the Eagle One. Black Magic requires more elbow grease...

Remember -

a) Don't wax if paint hot or in the sunlight
b) Use Microfiber or Cotton
c) Work in Sections

/sermon :D

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.