M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I dont think anyone posted this, but just curious to what wax people use for their bikes. I actually use a product called Zaino, which I have been using for years on all my cars. Zaino is pretty big with all of the car clubs out there, so thought I might pass them on to my new brethren...this stuff is great.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

Check out the photo section also...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
mother's carnuba. put it on after removing the #$%#$ing stickers and debadging. it looks beautiful. didn't realize our black bikes have blue glitter in the paint til i put this stuff on. haven't decided on a chrome polish yet.
 

·
Radio Active Member
Joined
·
27,666 Posts
phaed said:
mother's carnuba. put it on after removing the #$%#$ing stickers and debadging. it looks beautiful. didn't realize our black bikes have blue glitter in the paint til i put this stuff on. haven't decided on a chrome polish yet.
I have been using never dull on my chrome. Have been using it for years on my other bike.
Gradnoa, thanks for the tip. I think I'll go try that NXT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
I've used them all on my cars and bikes. (I'm a car nut too V35 Skyline (G35 Infiniti to you guys))
Zaino is probably one of the best but really fiddily and harder to use.
My product of choice is an Aussie company called "Bowdens Own". Great stuff easy and a joy to use.
You just wipe it on then off when still damp. On my black bike this is amazing.
Company history is interesting too
http://www.bowdensown.com.au
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
Ive used differant waxes on all my stuff and the latest is Eagle1 Nanowax. I picked it up in spray form at Walmart. I highly recommend it, easy to use....just spray it on and wipe it off. Leaves just a shiny surface with no swirl marks. I also purchased off E-bay....a Metro Motorcycle Blower dryer. This really makes drying the bike easy. I got the smaller version. JOHN
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
I've used Zaino Brothers for years on my musclecar. Awesome stuff! Will need to order some more when I get my new violet ride in! Can't wait...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
Ever since I had a wing and found The BOM,that is all I use,no wax for me and you can use it on everything windshield and chrome..bad to the bone :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
UNtil recently, I've been a T-Wax fan. This is a marine wax for boats, only available in boat stores and such. Lasts a long time.

Been having trouble finding it lately, so I recently tried the new Eagle 1 Nanowax. WOW... very impressed. Fast and easy to apply, not fussy about shade and temperature, and NO HAZING. I hate finding that white crap in every nook and cranny for weeks after I wax.

Nanowax is definitely worth a try.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,768 Posts
For what it's worth!

I have been using Nu Finish ( a once a year polomer ). Its available at most auto part stores. I initially apply two coats of the NF to all the painted and chrome surfaces. Between washings I apply PRO Honda spray cleaner and polish. This is a super product and reasonably priced at most Honda dealers. It does a outstanding job of removing bugs, tar etc. and leaves a ultra shine. Easy to apply and remove with a terry cloth towel it a breeze keeping any bike spotless. The part # for the PRO Honda is H/C3597275 and costs $5 for a 14 oz. spray can. The Nu Finish is $6 for a 16 oz. bottle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Guys, The BEST i've ever used was recommended to me by my cleanup guy. (I'm an F&I of car dealerships). Honda Spray wax is INSANELY good. 5 bucks a can you spray on and wipe off. Blow five bucks and try it you'll love it.

Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,768 Posts
ns2973 said:
Guys, The BEST i've ever used was recommended to me by my cleanup guy. (I'm an F&I of car dealerships). Honda Spray wax is INSANELY good. 5 bucks a can you spray on and wipe off. Blow five bucks and try it you'll love it.

Nick
Nick! I agree! Ya can't appreciate it until you try it.....I think we're are talking the same stuff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ns2973 said:
Guys, The BEST i've ever used was recommended to me by my cleanup guy. (I'm an F&I of car dealerships). Honda Spray wax is INSANELY good. 5 bucks a can you spray on and wipe off. Blow five bucks and try it you'll love it.

Nick
And it smells real good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
I bought some of the Maguiers NXT Generation cream and it's awesome. I have used mainly Mothers products in the past, applied that first (Carnuba wax) and then applied the Maguiers NXT and you could visibly see the difference! And it's so easy to use and doesn't leave that wax dust around afterwards.
 

·
Radio Active Member
Joined
·
27,666 Posts
bob109 said:
For what it's worth!

I have been using Nu Finish ( a once a year polomer ). Its available at most auto part stores. I initially apply two coats of the NF to all the painted and chrome surfaces. Between washings I apply PRO Honda spray cleaner and polish. This is a super product and reasonably priced at most Honda dealers. It does a outstanding job of removing bugs, tar etc. and leaves a ultra shine. Easy to apply and remove with a terry cloth towel it a breeze keeping any bike spotless. The part # for the PRO Honda is H/C3597275 and costs $5 for a 14 oz. spray can. The Nu Finish is $6 for a 16 oz. bottle.
I just came from my local Honda dealer and he says that in Maryland that product has been ban. :cus:
They then suggested this product named watercraft. I said I'll try it, it also is 5 bucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,768 Posts
rynosback said:
I just came from my local Honda dealer and he says that in Maryland that product has been ban. :cus:
They then suggested this product named watercraft. I said I'll try it, it also is 5 bucks.
Your right! I found that out yesterday when I visited the dealer to order my factory service manual. I was checking their displays of cleaners and waxes and couldn't find the Pro Honda cleaner/wax. I asked the parts person and he said Honda had discontinued making the product due to environmental issues. He said their entire inventory was cleaned out by two or three folks who had found out early that the wax would no longer available. Guess they were smart enough to grab up what was available of a super product.

I have two cans on hand and will treat them like gold. The Pro Honda was the best product I have ever used for cleaning face shields and windshields as it was on any color paint.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
ns2973 said:
Guys, The BEST I've ever used was recommended to me by my cleanup guy. (I'm an F&I of car dealerships). Honda Spray wax is INSANELY good. 5 bucks a can you spray on and wipe off. Blow five bucks and try it you'll love it.

Nick
 I have a slightly different take. It was discontinued because of the formulation [epa], The new waterbased Hondabrite is H/C 7607625, part of the pro-Honda oil and chemical line. I hit rain a couple of days after buying the bike on an out of state run. I got the story from a pa. parts guy who sold me the new stuff so I could clean the bike away from home. This Stuff worked great.  8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,768 Posts
z109r said:
 I have a slightly different take. It was discontinued because of the formulation [epa], The new waterbased Hondabrite is H/C 7607625, part of the pro-Honda oil and chemical line. I hit rain a couple of days after buying the bike on an out of state run. I got the story from a pa. parts guy who sold me the new stuff so I could clean the bike away from home. This Stuff worked great.  8)
Thanks for the update.....the counter person never mentioned that there was a water based product for replacement.....next visit to the dealer and I'll pick up a few cans of the H/C 7607625.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top