M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys the weather is about to get cooler (a little) here in Florida soon and I am lookiing to get a pair of good quality pants with armored knees, hips, shins, etc. in a cool mesh. I found these at a cycle shop for $130 but then found a better deal on Ebay for $99.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NWT-...tegoryZ34354QQihZ014QQitemZ330021981010QQrdZ1

Just wanted to know what you all think of these (as far as protection, I already like the $99 price) or any other comparable pants before I order a pair.

And oh yes, Reuben, thanks a lot for the info on those flat spakers for the MP3 player inside the helmet. $20 and they are fantastic !!!!

Also was thinking of some SIDI heavily armored riding boots for about $250, any ideas ?

Gear up and ride safe.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Wife bought hers at CycleGear on sale for $39.99. Joe Rockets that were originally $119.99. Check local shops first. I see many on sale here (Huntsville) from time to time.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Doesn't seem that they would fit most of us...I need a 36 inseam..And some of the other guys are gonna need a bit more than a 40 waist....Seem nice though....

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wildwolf,

Thanks for the info, I'll check cyclegear.com out.

Gear up, ride safe.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Depends... :joke:

·
Registered
844 Posts
I tried on a bunch -- including some made of heavy leather, that were quite uncomfortable.

I found that it all came down to FIT. For me, the Mossi's were best, and "intermediately" priced at $ 145.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
J R said:
Jeans, Polo, levis, whatever the heck the wife brings home to put on my azz...I dont care.You talkin to a guy who does machine work and engine building in the middle of the night in his underwear 8)
Some of us could have done without that visualization. :eek:

·
Registered
696 Posts
J R said:
Jeans, Polo, levis, whatever the heck the wife brings home to put on my azz...I dont care.You talkin to a guy who does machine work and engine building in the middle of the night in his underwear 8)
:tools: OMG... i hope that's not where you got the idea for your 2-1 pipe..... :D...mjm

·
Registered
277 Posts
COZ375 said:
Thank goodness someone finally got the joke! :joke:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Fieldsheer 4 season pants. Yes, they are a little expensive, but I promise you they are well worth the money. These are the best mesh pants I've ever owned, and I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK guys, thanks for all the input, I was going to get a pair of Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh armored pants for $100 on line ($129 at the store), but today we were out at a cyclegear shop and I picked up a pair of Frank Thomas full leather pants that are seriously armored (just a step below full race gear I believe) and they are fantastic. Hot as blazes in the Florida sun (but only when standing still- no problem in the wind) $200 at the store, (didnt want to wait to get a deal on line since they fit so well)

I don't mind paying $200 for a pair of seriously armored heavy leather pants. If I have these for 3- 6 years (very likely since they are high quality) that means they will cost $33-- -$66 per year. I like my skin as well as my knees a lot and believe its a wise investment.

Now I am researching a pair of SIDI strada evo air boots. Another $200 investment in keeping my skin and bones intact.Â

something like these but move more air through them.

http://www.metricbikes-superstore.com/index.php?cPath=435

·
Registered
974 Posts
Im using Fieldsheer titanium air2 pants. Was looking at the Tourmaster coretech pants there nice as well..

Boots Oxtar Matrix Gore Tex Awesome in missouri summer heat 95+ and comfy also as a daily wear boot very comfy also incorps a bit of CE armor.

·
Registered
161 Posts
krazydiver said:
Anybody tried the armored pants from these guys?

http://www.dragginjeans.com/Jeans.htm

--Krazydiver
Those don't have any padding in them at all. They will help when it comes to sliding, but for the initial hit, it's just you, a thin piece of denim/kevlar, and a rock hard piece of pavement. Most of the time that means a busted up knee or hip.

·
Registered
702 Posts
DFW_Warrior said:
Those don't have any padding in them at all. They will help when it comes to sliding, but for the initial hit, it's just you, a thin piece of denim/kevlar, and a rock hard piece of pavement. Most of the time that means a busted up knee or hip.
I have a pair. No armor in them at all, they're just like thick, lined, warm jeans.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts