M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how many diffrent jackets,are being worn by members. I'm a Old School,rider and can't seem to get away from leather jackets. I know what leather will do,and not do,but I'm sure there are jackets that work(as well?) out there too! Seems like after sliding down the asphalt,the Joe Rocket might look more like a Joe Rag Mop,than a jacket? :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I wear a JR Phoenix 4.0, nice ballistic mesh made out of kevlar and nylon. It stands up to abuse fairly well, but you'll never have one last as long as leather and you probably will replace it after a spill if you slide any distance at all. The big benefit of these types of jackets is airflow.. You get most of the protction from insects and such as you would with leather and in a crash they have the same armor, mine even has rib armor. But when its hot out nothing beats mesh for comfort other than going without a jacket, which I won't do.

BIG downside to my jacket is that if you get caught in rain without the liner in it, at 60+ mph the rain drops sting like all heck and the jack won't slow it down at ALL unless the liner is in.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
60 degrees and up - Interstate Kevlar with air vents (removable liner).
45-60 degrees - Leather (removeable liner). Chaps (with removable Thinsulate liner).
35-45 degrees - Aerostitch FULL suit.
Under 35 degrees - Drive the truck! Screw freezin my balls off...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Leather if it's cold
Mesh if it's cool
T-Shirt if it's hot

·
Registered
443 Posts
Vanson leather,armored, vents open when hot. Vents closed and liner in when cold. Aerostitch suit when real cold. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Warm, but below 85 or so - Fieldsheer Hi-Temp Mesh jacket

Cooler - Either leather or the above jacket with it's thick liner

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have a Icon Super Duty which has a heavy denim/waxed cotton body and detachable leather sleaves. It also has a removeable vest liner. Works awesome. Great for weather between 60 and 95 degrees.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Olympia Motosports mesh jacket w/armor - with or without liner depending on temperature. I wear my M109R jacket occasionally when its below 70`.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Getting ready to by a Joe Rocket Ballistic 6.0 for my fall and winter riding. Right now I wear leather (an old one) when it gets down below 75 , but I am going to pick up something else next spring :bigthumbsup: ................. oh and a t-shirt when its hot ;)

·
Registered
686 Posts
I just picked up a Fieldsheer high flow mesh for $60 from Motoxoutlet. Great jacket and great ventilation, with better padding than the V Mesh jacket.
When I drive home from work at 1:00am I throw my leather jacket on over this to keep me warm. It's getting a bit cool around here at night.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Joe Rocket mesh jacket 10 months out of the year...I live in tropical Alabama...the other 2 months I wear a waterproof Tour Master textile Jacket with liner. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts