M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. been thinking of getting me a 9 to share with my son in Montreal.
What do you think? should get me one of the new 2010 or get the good prices offered on the brand new 2009 or 2008 bikes? Do you know where are there some good deals? or the best stealers in montreal or toronto?

·
Registered
398 Posts
You could contact Mike Ball at Snow City Cycle and tell him you are a buddy of Kayle's.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Off to Americade this week, never got them done. When I get back I have to get on it as I am going to Mid-Atlantic with Chris, now back to finding this guy a place to buy his bike :p

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Hi guys. been thinking of getting me a 9 to share with my son in Montreal.
What do you think? should get me one of the new 2010 or get the good prices offered on the brand new 2009 or 2008 bikes? Do you know where are there some good deals? or the best stealers in montreal or toronto?
There's a few lightly used ones around that have already had mods done to them, which will save you some coin. Now that I own one, I wouldn't be afraid to go used, since I know what i'm looking at.

For the most part, Owners of this bike have maintained them very well since new.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I bought a brand new 2009 early this spring and with the dealer rebates offered at the time, saved thousands over waiting for the '10's to arrive. Another factor for me was I wanted a silver very badly and Suzuki has dropped that color for 2010. Inquire about any further rebates on '09's as Suzuki may be getting more desperate to make room for new stock. By the way, I searched for weeks on-line for a 109 all over North America and found the best deal in Vancouver! (2nd best deal was in Florida). P.m. if you want more info.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Not to take away from someone selling their ride in Canada, you're best bet would be to head just south of the border and save yourself THOUSAND$$$!!!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Got a good deal for a 2009 over the 2010! Could not see spending the thousands extra just for a colour. Purchased in Newmarket, I live in Brampton.
Nice Colour. You should do the niagara ride with us when fire98 gets the date nailed down.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not to take away from someone selling their ride in Canada, you're best bet would be to head just south of the border and save yourself THOUSAND$$$!!!
that is what i'm trying to do... one question though. there is not problem bringing bikes from the satets into canada? registration wise? How about the exchange rate? doesn`t one save paying in canadian dollars?

Any suggestions where there is the best price?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought a brand new 2009 early this spring and with the dealer rebates offered at the time, saved thousands over waiting for the '10's to arrive. Another factor for me was I wanted a silver very badly and Suzuki has dropped that color for 2010. Inquire about any further rebates on '09's as Suzuki may be getting more desperate to make room for new stock. By the way, I searched for weeks on-line for a 109 all over North America and found the best deal in Vancouver! (2nd best deal was in Florida). P.m. if you want more info.
pm sent

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the 2010 model. The only down side with new, is the aftermarket accessories. They made changes to the headlight to incorporate the tack. This has made finding a nice windsheild very hard. So if you are planning on adding so goodies to it, you may be better off with last years model.
Either way, you can't go wrong with this bike, what a blast to ride.
Hope this was helpful.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
that is what i'm trying to do... one question though. there is not problem bringing bikes from the satets into canada? registration wise? How about the exchange rate? doesn`t one save paying in canadian dollars?

Any suggestions where there is the best price?
There is no problem bringing them into canada at all. You'll pay GST at the border and MAYBE duty but couldn't say for sure when it's a used bike. You'll need an inspection which will allow you to register the bike.

Right now $1 CAD = .94 USD roughly, Canadian 9's range in price but average I would say is $11k, if you shop around the states you can pick one up for $7-8 easy. $7500 usd = $7950 CAD so you're still $3000 under canadian prices.

If you did want to buy Canadian, I know the member Spiniker who lives in Cochrane Alberta was looking to sell his and as I recall had it at a pretty great price, you may want to fire off a PM to him.

Good luck!! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts