M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at a loss. What size of mm socket or wrench do you use to remove the rear reflecters? The 12mm is to small and the 13mm is to large. What gives?

oldfart

·
Registered
752 Posts
Reed,

I went out to check but I guess I threw them away when I removed them. Sorry.

Did you get your JSD okay?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Rear reflectors or the bracket holding them on ?. I just checked and I had a 10MM bolt holding the rear reflector bracket on under the fender. I took (using open end wrench) off the entire bracket and put the bolt back in.

Don't know what you are looking at with a 12 or 13.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
L- train, I have not recieved it yet. I am hopeing today will be the day. I should be recieving a windshield pretty soon too.

oldfart

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is not a 10 mm. I have tried everything from an 8mm to a 14mm and none of them fit the nut. I'll find some way to get them off though, even if I have to blow them off with explosives.

oldfart

·
Registered
600 Posts
oldfart said:
..... even if I have to blow them off with explosives.

oldfart
Now that's frustration! :swear: I hope you find the right tool for the job soon. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
750 Posts
oldfart said:
I am at a loss. What size of mm socket or wrench do you use to remove the rear reflecters? The 12mm is to small and the 13mm is to large. What gives?Â

oldfart
Are you using a 6 point or a 12 point???

·
Registered
817 Posts
Come to think of it, this could be an omen of some kind. There are some riders who maybe should consider leaving the reflectors ON. :doorag:

·
Registered
752 Posts
He is having the 2nd most trouble sledzep definitely wins for most trouble, maybe  :dontknow:

And oldfart just lives 40 miles from me and I have a 3,000 sq ft garage where we could work on his bike in.

Come down Saturday Reed and we can do all your mods.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Train, the offer sounds good but I have cured the problem. I hope everyone will forgive me on this, but I posted the wrong question. It should have been for the rear pegs!!! Sorry everyone. I am kind of a lune. My body aches from ageing. I have more hair in my ears than on my head and of course I am getting rather forgetful. As some of you get older you will know what I am talking about.

oldold

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Felix T Cat said:
and for gods sake don't you own an adjustable cressent wrench ?. :D
Worked for me. Just removed mine today. Small adjustable crescent wrench worked perfectly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts