M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so like many of you; I HATE the lollipop front turn signals. So I took them out. I would rather use hand signals than those things haha
But I like the look of the chrome piece they sat in. So I got to thinking.... What can I use to fill the holes that are left over? I searched on here and found a lot of people used Chrome faucet hole plugs; but the only ones I found were 1-1/2" and they looked way to big. I wanted something that looked better than that; its a 109! For crying out loud.

Well I just did an under tail mount LED blinkers ( http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154671&highlight=LED+turn+signals ) and so I thought I would check out a few LED websites and look around. And I was on Oznium's website; (Same website I bought the other LEDs from) and I saw they had "Chrome LED Bolts". I've seen these before, but never thought that I could plug up the hole with them. So I bought 2 5mm LED bolts, with 2 prewired 5mm LEDs. Things only cost me $8 with shipping! Without shipping it was only like $3 something.
Anywho I then bought 2 Chrome washers from Menards for $1.98 and put the bolt through the middle of the washer, and used E6000 glue to glue the washer to the bracket and WAAAALAAA! Wired em up and they turned out pretty darn sweet, IMHO.
Now I just need to add something to make it technically "Legal".

Lollipop hole blinking by trevor M photography, on Flickr

Lollipop hole by trevor M photography, on Flickr

·
Registered
259 Posts
Nice i like it and it gives me an idea to build on .....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Interesting......never thought of something like that. :2cool:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just want to clarify something; I used the LED Holders and bought the 5mm LEDs.
They also have LED Bolts for $3 something a piece, that look like it might work better. I had to glue the washer to the bracket because the bolt part of the holder wasn't long enough to reach through the hole in the bracket.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Any hardware store will have the chrome caps that fill the hole perfectly, just look at the pic in this post. Zoom in on the place where the holes are.I forgot to put the pieces back in on the pics in my sig but they only cost about 3 bucks.
:doorag:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any hardware store will have the chrome caps that fill the hole perfectly, just look at the pic in this post. Zoom in on the place where the holes are.I forgot to put the pieces back in on the pics in my sig but they only cost about 3 bucks.
:doorag:
It got a little to blurry to make it out, but I know what you are talking about. I went to my local Ace Hardware, Home Depot, and Menards. I couldn't find any small enough? So I had to be inventive haha
If you can find those though; thats a freaking deal!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Had the same problem at ace until I asked. they are located in the section with all the drawers, the larger ones you talked about were hanging up in the plumbing section. Im still trying to figure out what to do with mine in the long term for now they have the plug in them.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha yea you can do that, but wanted to keep it there till I can fab up my own front light bar. Someone makes them, forget who, but they are like $100 and there is no way I'm spending that much on $20 worth of LEDs and metal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.