M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those taking the plunge on a new M109R. Here are some things to look out for, that other owners on this forum has mentioned.

1. Check that the oil wasn't over or under filled.
2. Ask about a spanner wrench for adjusting the shocks
3. Check for a pinched fuel line. (Seems maybe one person had this problem only.)
4. Check that the allen screws on the front fender are tight, at least 2 people I remember reading posts from said theirs were either loose or fell off.
5. After your first good ride be sure to check for radiator fluid leaking out from between the heads. (Loose/oversided hose clamp issue)
6. Check that the front wheel has been install so it's rotating in the correct direction. (some riders have experienced this)
7. Check for shipping scratches on the risers. (a few of us have found them)
8. Check the front axel pinch bolts. (some are finding them very loose..)
9. Check for scratch's on the inside of your speedometer.
10. Pick up a 4 pack of haynes underwear because when you get on the throttle of this beast you'll pit your shants. (good advise EZ Wind)

Is there anything else I'm missing, that I should.be asking about or checking? ::)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pizzmor said:
That is pretty much it. Just don't get soaked on the price. Good luck.
How much negotiating power do we have though. Limited supply, every unit will be sold days after it arrives in the store. I'm not paying more than list, but they certainly aren't budging on the price at all. They have thrown in a store credit to pick up a jacket, or a helmet etc.
Does that sound reasonable. Has anyone been able to negotiate a better price?

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
you'll get a free M109r jacket with the purchase of your bike. I believe that promotion has been extended, so I'd ask for something else from dealer if you're having to pay retail.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Canuk said:
I'm pretty close to taking the plunge on a new black 109. I've spent quite a bit of time reading many posts on this forum and came up with a few things I should make sure I'm aware of when picking up the new monster.

1. Check that the oil wasn't over or under filled.
2. Ask about a spanner wrench for adjusting the shocks
3. Check for a pinched fuel line.
4. Check the front wheel axil fitting, ensure it's tight.

Is there anything else I'm missing, that I should.be asking about or checking? ::)
There's never been any issue whatsoever with pinched fuel lines. Do NOT go messing with the fuel line unless you're looking for a whole lot of trouble.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well for instance in terms of price, mine was 13, 480 out the door with taxes and tags..etc. I live in PA, so use that as guide of some sort. and again good luck.

·
Registered
297 Posts
What location in PA? I finally talked to a dealer in Hanover that would let it go for 11,800. This did not include t/t/ or document crap.

·
Registered
326 Posts
z281982 said:
What location in PA? I finally talked to a dealer in Hanover that would let it go for 11,800. This did not include t/t/ or document crap.
That would be $500 under MSRP so you would come out about $500 under his total. The trick is finding one. If they have "extra" or that specific color is moving slow for them they might let it go under.

·
Registered
92 Posts
check the risers for shipping scratches. I got mine for 11,800 otd with a helmet and a 5 year ext. warr. (6 total) down here in florida....plus the free jacket.....I could not go wrong ...I quickly flipped out my money and signed on the line b-4 she changed her mind!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Canuk, I could not get the jacket in Canada, instead if you pay cash you get 2 years extra warranty for free. If you buy through suzuki the interest rate is low but no 2 years for free. That was the deal up north here.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Black Ram said:
Hey Canuk, I could not get the jacket in Canada, instead if you pay cash you get 2 years extra warranty for free. If you buy through suzuki the interest rate is low but no 2 years for free. That was the deal up north here.
Thank you all for the feedback.
Well, I took the plunge. I put a deposit on what seems to be one of the last few black M109R's today. I didn't pay cash, so I didn't get anything in the way of jackets, or extended warranty or anything like that. However I did get to choose an item in the store like a jacket, or a helmet, or boots or something like that of my choice, when I pick up the bike on Wednesday.
I can't wait. !!!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Me and a co-worker bought two bikes 1 silver and 1 Blue. We haggled by using the internet and played dealerships against each other. Long story short we paid $10,500 out the door taxes were on us of course, but we figured what the hey right. We love our bikes.  :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I just wanted to say that I just picked up my violet blue bike this weekend. I love it .,...I brought mine at F & S suzuki for 11,350...I think that was a great deal.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I believe I've seen 2 issues that you don't have listed:

1) Check that the allen screws on the front fender are tight, at least 2 people I remember reading posts from said theirs were either loose or fell off.
2) After your first good ride be sure to check for radiator fluid leaking out from between the heads. (Loose/oversided hose clamp issue)

I also do not recall ever seeing an issue with a pinched fuel line.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
check that the front axel is tight. my pinch bolts were so loose they almost fell out. also check that the clutch cable is adjusted properly. have fun and be careful!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts