M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about setting the preload lower on my bike. The roads around here aren't the best,and I would like it to ride a little softer. After finding out there's NO spanner wrench in my tool kit,I'll have to wait until it comes in now. :(

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was on a ride today fropped into dealer and he adjusted the setting back to no 1 softest from the factory setting 3. The bike was much better on uneven road surfaces and still handles well through the twisties. I'm 5'11 and 210 lbs. I felt it took a bit of weight off the front so there was not somuch jarring on bumps and the back was softer and kinder on my rear end. Glad I made the decision.
Cheers Phil

·
Registered
296 Posts
Guys , I beleive I just read an article in one of the mags about adjusting rear spring preload and generally this adjustment on our bikes is only supposed to affect rear ride height, not how stiff the ride is.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Shriker said:
Guys , I beleive I just read an article in one of the mags about adjusting rear spring preload and generally this adjustment on our bikes is only supposed to affect rear ride height, not how stiff the ride is.Â
dont believe it. try yours on 1 and 7 then tell me its just for ride hieght.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Setting 2 (185 lbs). I've got a 1/2 hour stretch of highway that's so cruel pieces constantly fall off tractor trailers .2 barely makes it survivable :D :edit: Damn Canadian highway maintenance or lack thereof. :edit: Where do our ridiculous tax amounts go :dontknow:.
Dave

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.