M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The service manuals calls for 87 Octane, is NE 1 using anything different?

· Registered
179 Posts
I ran 87 octane in the m90 for about 12 thousand of miles.I decided to see,on a trip from Kansas to North Carolina, if the super gas would get better mileage or performance.I didn't find any differance at all.The only thing different was when the gas came from Shell I got 2 to 3 mpg better.:dontknow:

· Registered
95 Posts
Whatever the gas station's high test is. Given the size of the tank, the differential in total price isn't that substantial (what are we talking, $1.00 a tank or so?), and if as a result, the engine runs a little cleaner, it's worth it.

· Registered
791 Posts
Just like in a car I run what the book says. 87 for me becuase that is what the bike was engineered to run on.

· Registered
284 Posts
Octane Rating.(RON)

Over here in OZ,we get our 9's with a sticker on the tank telling us to use 95 or higher.I usually run with the 95,but fill up with 98 at least once a month.Haven't noticed any increase performance,but the economy is slightly better.Also fill up with 100 now and then.The 100 makes the bike get up and go much better than the other fuel.The economy is about the same as when the bike is running on 98.Would use 100 all the time,but only a few petrol stations sell it here Adelaide. KEZZ.:bigthumbsup:

· Registered
89 Posts
Over here in OZ,we get our 9's with a sticker on the tank telling us to use 95 or higher.I usually run with the 95,but fill up with 98 at least once a month.Haven't noticed any increase performance,but the economy is slightly better.Also fill up with 100 now and then.The 100 makes the bike get up and go much better than the other fuel.The economy is about the same as when the bike is running on 98.Would use 100 all the time,but only a few petrol stations sell it here Adelaide. KEZZ.:bigthumbsup:
Public Service Announcement: In the US, we use AKI, elsewhere in the world, they use RON...hence the difference in numbers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating#Difference_between_RON_and_AKI

· Registered
452 Posts
91 always.

· Registered
214 Posts
93 since day one !

· Registered
142 Posts
94 here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.