M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is a great paint job and it set a world record for being ready for my bike in less than 12 hours. I can't wait to get it on the bike. LOL.




 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bob109 said:
That is, of course, Lamonts bike and paint job! The handle bars and Big Air look identical to his bike!
You are partially right. That is Lamonts bike wearing my paint. It will be transferred over to my bike next week. La
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,768 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
You are partially right. That is Lamonts bike wearing my paint. It will be transferred over to my bike next week. La
You've go one great paint scheme for your ride Hal! With the chrome Wide Tire Kit, Big Air and lowering bones you've got a real "Show Machine" :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
now thats bad a$$ i like the headlamp cowl where its painted over the chrome. i have seen several of these bikes with flames and this one seems to flow so much better awesome job.... :bigthumbsup:
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hal, now you will actually have to keep your bike clean. No more dirty bike. You could get away with it before but not now.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
toneout said:
Hal, now you will actually have to keep your bike clean. No more dirty bike. You could get away with it before but not now.
I ride my bike. Its not something I keep clean in the garage for the neighbors to see.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, but now you will be representing and drawing huge crowds. That paint job is a real attention getter. At Daytona, all our bikes looked the same to the untrained eye. Now no one will notice our "just plain black" bikes! :p

I was just messing with you in the first post. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Looks great..... :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Great paint job Hal & JR's correct about the neighbors hearing the bike! Now I have a question, will this new paint job slow your 109 down? :dontknow:

We all know black is the fastest 109! :joke: :D :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Chuck
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chuck said:
Great paint job Hal & JR's correct about the neighbors hearing the bike! Now I have a question, will this new paint job slow your 109 down? :dontknow:

We all know black is the fastest 109! :joke: :D :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Chuck
Well I have always been nervous about the black M109 because its not really black. Its black with purple metalflake in it. After doing a lot of dyno testing we discovered that the metalflake made the bike a lot heavier and when we did the SAE Dyno run under optimum weather conditions we discovered that the Black with purple metalflake came out lower on the Dyno chart. Our recognized Dyno expert believes that the molecules in the black with yellow flame design should weigh less and hence provide more power to the ground. But we won't be publishing that Dyno chart as this is already a very controversial test. So run what you bring and hope for the best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,579 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
But we won't be publishing that Dyno chart as this is already a very controversial test. So run what you bring and hope for the best.
So Hal, are you saying that you aren't gonna post dyno results for your bike after you install your pipes? If you don't, how will we know who won the HP guessing contest?
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Medic1210 said:
So Hal, are you saying that you aren't gonna post dyno results for your bike after you install your pipes?  If you don't, how will we know who won the HP guessing contest?
But I will know who wins and I will post his name.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,579 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
But I will know who wins and I will post his name.
Well, that sucks, but it's your choice. I guess unless you pull the original post, we could just dig and find said winner's guess and assume it is either on the nail or very very close. Besides, when has posting dyno results been controversial? The only person I've seen bunking them is JR. I haven't seen much controversy.... unless you're referring to the guy giving Lamont's results a hard time. For that, I say, you got one in every crowd. Don't let that one ruin the fun for the rest of us. Still, it's your choice, but I think I'm not alone is saying we hope you reconsider.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
Well I have always been nervous about the black M109 because its not really black. Its black with purple metalflake in it. After doing a lot of dyno testing we discovered that the metalflake made the bike a lot heavier and when we did the SAE Dyno run under optimum weather conditions we discovered that the Black with purple metalflake came out lower on the Dyno chart. Our recognized Dyno expert believes that the molecules in the black with yellow flame design should weigh less and hence provide more power to the ground. But we won't be publishing that Dyno chart as this is already a very controversial test. So run what you bring and hope for the best.
Now it has been wet sanded and buffed If that adds any HP... :p See Me Matt
 

·
Very Active Member
Joined
·
5,784 Posts
I like all the giant "H"'s in the paint that stand for "Hal"!!! :D :bigthumbsup:

it's a nice paint job, but that's the one thing that popped out at me right away. the tribal flames are so symetrical that they look like "H"'s
Can't wait to see what she looks like when you get it all together with the polished wheels, 280, etc!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
I think painting the headlight nacelle is very original. I would not have thought of that. I would also change out the seat to a brown leather like vtxoa's. I think the flames will make it faster :D :bigthumbsup: :doorag: ! I want to put blue and silver flames on mine but that'll have to wait.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top