M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is kind of a toss up...2006 HBS chopper(felt good to knock off a $35,000 bike)....or my bros 1989 ZX10....havent done any long distance yet.... ithink he'll take me there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've had quiet a few......

Let Me start with 3 different V-Rods...... kinda close but not one has won.... never been over 120 mph with them and they shut down. total runs with them 6.... one of the guys who I ride with all the time is trying to sell his and get an M109R. He hasn't done it yet because they won't give him enough for his V-Rod.

This is a good one so I will take the time to send it hope you don't get bored....

We are at the biker bar that I hang out at "Boneshakers Saloon" on a Sunday AM my bike is parked across the lot with the fhatt rear end facing the bar...... there are about 5 or 6 guys looking at it (as usual) one of the guys comes over to me and says is that your bike... its beautiful, will it run..... I said yes it's pretty fast... probably will outrun anything on the lot..... he said ... I DON'T THINK SO..... do you want to run that RC-51 over there????? ( well I didn't think I had a real good chance to win but I thought I had some, because I had run my son's FZ-1 and only lost by about 90 feet up to 130 mph) so I said bring it on..... he said do you really want to run me ??? I said you asked me so go get it ..... everybody at the bar now is excited.... he said where are we going to do it ? I said , right on the road in front of the bar.... he got his bike... we made a left turn at the light and hit them....we were doing about 8 to 10 mph when we hit them, a rolling start. I pulled him in 1st, 2nd, hit my rev limiter shifting to 3rd (stupid me) and he passed me by about a bike length... I got 4th and passed him.... wow... we came to the stoplight a great neck rd and I said do you want to do it on the way back he said yea... we made the U turn at the light and hit them again..... I pulled him in 1st,2nd,3rd & 4th... I looked back when I was shifting to 4th and he was about 30ft behind.... at the top of 4th he was about 80 ft. behind me..... I pulled back into the bar..... walked back to my buddies.... they said" Jesus, Woody you beat him" ...... he came up and said to everyone (who was waiting to here what he had to say) damn that thing is fast..... I was just hanging behind him because he has a 240 rear tire and those cruisers are not usually stable at those speeds..... he was rock solid and he was doing a 140 ............... I said, I never got out of 4th gear...... and I jerked him by saying... yea, you were behind me.

It gave him and his buddy a little cruiser respect.

Woody from Va. Beach

·
Registered
131 Posts
Uninstalling the socius seat, while my wife was bitching.

She wants to ride with me... :doorag: :p

·
Registered
207 Posts
previous post jumped off before I finished...I would sit at my computer and mutter"I'll be a son of a b----" over and over.No more worky :p

G

·
I'd have to say Carrie... followed by blowing a mustang off the road after the driver and his companions kept pestering me on my home one evening

·
Registered
161 Posts
Trogdor said:
Whipped the same Rebel on foot...
But it was a close finish wasn't it?? :p

G

·
Custom vtx 1800 with dual air intakes tornado's, power commander, and a few other things that where over my head. rider has been on a bike for 22 years :D, he smoked me at the take off I smoked him after I got out of 1st gear 3 mile run (and the boy could ride!!!!)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
How do you guys and gal get runs like this. Way back when I first got my 9 I got a few bites. Now people will ride up and ask about my bike but nobody even comes close to wanting a run. This morning was typical. I came up on two HD's and after riding behind them a short while I slowly passed them. We went a couple of more lights and finally one of them eased up beside me at a stop light. I thought yeah, this is it, he wants to run. Well he leans over as far as he could and said, "how much you have to give for that?" I told him and I swear he winced. Then just slowly pushed his bike back even with his buddy.

That's been about like every encounter I've had in the past 3 months. Everything short of a Hayabusa or one of the larger GSX-R's just give me a wide berth.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Woody said:
you want to run that RC-51 over there?????
That kid needs to just give that RC51 to me...obviously he cant ride it.... good kill though :bigthumbsup:

Ive only had a chance to run with a Warrior and a Vulcan 2000..niether one of these were from a deadstop. The Warrior I pulled on like crazy.....the VN2000 isnt too bad on the low end but on higher speed runs I gain slowly and if I kept on the throttle Id pass him. Theyre a couple of my good friends so I cant gloat too much :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts