M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in B.C. there are loads of great roads, and I personally know there are in Washington too.
Not everyone is on the map I posted yet, (get on it people), but it already shows we cove some good ground.
What is your favorite riding trail.
I have several, and it's more difficult to answer than I thought, because it depends on how much time I have, do I feel like cruising, or riding fast, scenery, or lots of company, but I guess if I had to pick one that consistently keeps me smiling, I would say it's the road to Whistler.
I know it not the best trail I've been on by far, however it has many side roads that can keep you happy, it's fast, twisty, great stopping points, lots of company if you want it, easy to pass slow cars now that thy've upgraded, and the destination rocks. What don't you love about Whistler.
Some of the interior roads in B.C. are breath taking, but not alway convenient for a afternoon road trip.
I'm pretty close to the border, so Bellingham has some great roads there too. Now that I have my Nexus card, it's a whole lot quicker over the border now too.
:doorag: :doorag: :doorag: :doorag: :doorag: :doorag: :doorag:

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
I would have to say may favorite spots are, yes whistler ride is nice, Selkirk loop, highway 3 kelowna- rock creek-ossoyos-kelowna, and the ride from the okanagan to Victoria and up the island.

No I cant narrow it down to just one sorry but I will keep ridding to fined out. :D

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That last one from Okanagan up the island sounds like a great run. I plan to hit the island much more this summer.
I'm also planning a trip down the Oregon coast and further south. I figure a week of that would be supreme.
I would ideally like to hold out for a run with more 109 riders. We'll see.
Nice routes.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
YUUUMMMMM I WANT TO RIDE END of march i get to ride ye hoo 3 weeks 2 day wow I cant believe this winter is almost over wow.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Purplestorm said:
Cascade loop, Hwy 20 :bigthumbsup: :doorag: also Hwy#2 go over stevens pass to Leavenworth :#1:
can you give me the exact routs for those loops, i've got the map out

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cascade loop starts in Mount Vernon and go over the Cascades down into Winthrop to Hwy 153 then to Chelan
to Hwy 97 to Wenatchee then take Hwy #2 to Leavenworth and over Stevens Pass to I-5 and go back up North
Very nice ride, long two day trip, more like a three day trip. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
488 Posts
The wife and I did that back when I owned a Valk, put over 600 miles on the bike. Great ride! Still breaking in the new LE, have appt. to get the recall issue fixed and then I hope she's good to go. I've never ever had a problem with any of the 8 different metric bikes I've owned. Now my 2 Harley's, thats a whole other story,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts