M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys... Still in the process of blacking out my bike and I want to replace the derby cover, but have no idea what would happen if I remove it. Whats under there? Do I need to drain anything? For all I know there could be a live hamster in there... Is it as simple as it seems to remove and replace?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Only the bolts at 10-2-6 actually attach it to the bike. Nothing is behind it, nothing spills out. you are fine.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Those guys are such liars! There is something under the derby cover. Its a little rubber piece that keeps the derby cover propt up. :D:D Other than that, there is nothing but stale air!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
That is not what I found when I looked under there.

There were partially digested pieces of the last HD it had eaten, and beyond that, what looked like and I assumed to be the starter.

·
Registered
595 Posts
LOL....be careful, that 9 has a voracious appetite for HD's!! :evil:

·
Registered
142 Posts
just make sure you take it off when no one is around.. its embarrasing. how would you like it if someone pulled ur derby cover off for all to see. :joke:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts

There were partially digested pieces of the last HD it had eaten, and beyond that, what looked like and I assumed to be the starter.
:a20:

G

·

I don't know about yours, but mine has a stator under there somewhere.

Along with my spare key. Hmmmm....maybe I shouldn't have told ya that.

:confused:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
derby

Hi guys... Still in the process of blacking out my bike and I want to replace the derby cover, but have no idea what would happen if I remove it. Whats under there? Do I need to drain anything? For all I know there could be a live hamster in there... Is it as simple as it seems to remove and replace?
nothing, only take out bolts @ 10, 2, & 6, the rest are cosmetic.. no problem removing it....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts